Welcome To The Odyssey At American University!

"Hello" from The Odyssey at AU.

98

A couple of weeks ago, if you told me I'd be the editor-in-chief of an online publication, let alone The Odyssey, I honestly would have laughed in your face. I've never been one to take complete charge of something unless I'm extremely passionate about it; so when I applied for this position on a whim, becoming editor-in-chief within 12 hours of applying was a bit overwhelming. The weekend after was a complete blur… I just remember reading Odyssey articles over and over and realizing that I'd be responsible for creating amazing articles like the ones I was reading.

Within our first week of launching, we recruited a solid team of writers, gained over 200 likes on our Facebook page, and have received kind words from our readers about our articles. One of my goals as Editor in Chief is to create content that American University students and students across the nation can relate to and enjoy.

If there's one word to describe American University, it's "diverse." We're an extremely diverse campus, from our political views to our ethnicities, from our Greek letters to our majors and minors. Throughout the past year, I've seen tons of AU students share articles from The Odyssey to their timelines, so having an American University chapter makes me so happy. We now have our own place to share our thoughts about anything and everything, and I want nothing more than AU students to be able to read these articles and identify with them.

This is our chance to make an impact on the American University campus, even if it might be a small one. I hope you're excited as were are to begin this journey. So, thank you for reading this and thank you for being there to support The Odyssey at American -- this is the start of something new (cue Zac Efron) and we can't wait to share it with you.

Image credit: 1, 2