Justin Symbol: Leader Of The God Bombs

Justin Symbol: Leader Of The God Bombs

Interview With Star Daddy

222
Justin Symbol: Leader Of The God Bombs
Abbi Webb

While in college, you have many different opportunities to go to different concerts and parties. Me personally, I will pick a concert over a party every time. On November 29th, I went to the final Blood on the Dancefloor concert ever in Indiana. The show was awesome and the energy coming off of the bands that performed was amazing. Just to see how proud everyone was and to see all the hard work accumulate into one amazing show was awesome. While I was there, I met an awesome band called Justin Symbol. I got the opportunity to interview the lead singer named Justin Symbol AKA Star Daddy on December 13th, 2016. I was happy that he had agreed to interview with me for this article. Star Daddy is very sweet. He and his band mates are currently working on their next album with his bandmates. Which, I hope to interview at a later date.

What is your name? “My name is Justin Symbol AKA Star Daddy.”

How old are you? “I am 27 years old.”

What is the name of the band you are in? “I am in the band called Justin Symbol and the God bombs.”

What does the band stand for? “The bands I am in stand for and represent a return to color. Also a return to theatrics and creativity.”

How long have you been a band? “I formed the band about 3 years ago as a solo act. Then, over the years, it expanded and we accumulated our drummer and guitarist.”

What got you interested in music? “I was inspired while I was growing up by David Bowie, Marilyn Manson and many other bands. These bands portrayed this image that was outside of the usual confines of the society that I was growing up in and I found it as a release. It helped me see and escape form

What is It like to be touring? “For me, being on tour is my favorite part of being in music. To me, it is a release. It is exiting and chaotic. It is so electrifying. It is the face to face interaction that is an important part of a tour.”

What is it like to play in front of a crowd of people who are thoroughly enjoying your music? “When I am playing for a crowd of people who enjoy the music, I feel a connection. I feel like I am exposing a part of myself to them.”

What does it mean to you to have the fans that you have? “I am honored. The fans we have are very creative and unique. They are all beautiful in their own way. They are all supportive. They are the best.”

How long have you been touring as a band? “Our first tour was a year and a half. Since our first tour, we have gone on 5 national tours. We have also gone on several reginal tours.”

What made you want to start a band? “I saw how the music scene was when I was growing up. I thought I could do this my own way. I saw a gap in the industry and I wanted to add my own personality. I say things that the others wouldn’t. I added to the landscape of the music.”

What genre of Music Do You Play? “I would consider us to be glitter core.”

What compelled you to make a band and go on tours? “I wanted to express my true inner self. I wanted to express my personal self. I wanted to be honest. Over the time, the other members have added their own personalities to the band.”

Do you encourage your fans to reach out to you guys over social media? “We encourage our fans to reach out to us. We encourage communication among the fans. We enourage fans to give us merchandise ideas. We encourage fans to help give us ideas about music videos. We love to see the cover art that fans come up with. We love interacting with the fans. We have our own fan base called the “FuckHead” army. If you want in, message me, Justin Symbol.”

Over the years, there has been a decline in the theatrics within touring bands. Justin Symbol and the God Bombs is a breath of fresh air. Justin Symbol is a kind soul and a wonderful person.