The Stages Of Being Roasted As Told By "The Office"

Ryan Howard: "I'm keeping a list of everyone who wrongs me."

387
https://az616578.vo.msecnd.net/files/2018/02/09/636538071505188157-246059994_Webp.net-resizeimage%20(15).jpg

Nothing was more iconic than the Justin Bieber roast on Comedy Central Roast. Ever since then, the term “roasting” has taken off. Let’s be real: roasting people is HILARIOUS, especially if the person deserves it. It’s all fun and games until you’re the person in your friend group or team or grade that gets roasted 24/7. This goes out to all of the unfortunate chosen ones. To the roaster: in case you were wondering what it feels like to be roasted, which you probably don't, just go ahead and roast your roastee while you’re at it for reading this article.

1. When you're just minding your own business, and suddenly your whole friend group attacks you

2. And now the spotlight is on you for just being you

3. So you sit there quietly, absorbing the insults and pretending that you're not wounded on the inside

4. You quickly bottle up your feelings and attempt to move on, knowing that you will probably cry about it later

Because if you don't move on or cry about it now, you will continue to get roasted.

5. Then there's that person who isn't even part of the squad, that joins in on roasting you like it's a game of frisbee

You realize that it starts to get to a point where people are justing roasting you to roast you so it eventually stops hurting after a while and you start to feel numb to the pain.

6. Not to mention, you get blamed for everything that goes wrong

It could be the dining hall running out of quesadillas, ants in the dorm, classes not getting cancelled, a clogged toilet, global warming... you name it, -- because you did it.

6. You think to yourself “Screw them. I’m a strong, independent human being and I can stand up for myself!”

7. And that’s when you start to fight back

8. Which drastically goes downhill

9. So you’re back to where you started -- getting roasted.

10. Now you have no comebacks, no weapons, no sense of self-esteem...

11. But you learn to accept this life, your title, as the roasted person

You didn’t choose this life, it chose you and you’re not quite sure how or why. Regardless, you own it and it has made you a better person.

12. So you move on with your life knowing that when the next day comes, it will be full of getting roasted and your friends sharing the story about how you got roasted yesterday to a whole new group of people