St. Patricks Day Is On A Saturday This Year And BGSU Is Going To Burn To The Ground

We are all going to be seeing green.

872

Let's face it: a lot of college culture revolves around drinking and partying. Thursday through Saturday, you WILL find groups of people stumbling to the bars, laughing uncontrollably, and inevitably doing stupid, intoxicated things. College, for a lot of people, is a time to push limits and have a ridiculous amount of fun. Whether or not you participate, you can't deny that where there are college kids, there is going to be drinking. That's just the way it is.

That being said, St. Patrick's day, while it is officially a celebration of Irish culture, is a day that all the drunks have come to love and celebrate. To those who love it, it's a day of many memories. Some get up at 6 a.m. and are hungover 3 separate times by the end of the day. Some like to laugh at all the drunk people and make sure nothing too dangerous goes down. Either way, a lot of people, specifically college kids are HUGE fans of the holiday and will stop at nothing to celebrate.

Many even celebrate Fake Patty's Day, which is essentially celebrating the holiday a weekend before the actual day since March 17 typically falls on a weekday, where party culture is (usually) not socially accepted. But this year, somehow the stars have beautifully aligned, and St. Patrick's Day is on a Saturday this year. This won't happen again for another 12 years, in 2029, so this event is kinda a big deal, if ya ask me.

Here at Bowling Green State University, we are HUGE fans of St. Patrick's Day. Even as a first-year student, you just KNOW it's a big deal. People start talking about how they excited they are as soon as Spring Semester begins, and the passion and excitement slowly builds on as we trudge through the first few months of the year. So the fact that the holiday falls on Saturday, where most classes and schoolwork can be pushed aside in favor of other, more fun (and more alcoholic) activities, makes the day all that much more exciting to look for.

With excitement at an all-time high for an already crazy day, 2018's St. Patrick's Day at Bowling Green is going to be both a beautiful and chaotic mess to watch. With 30+ bars in a 12 square mile town filled with college kids, expect complete and utter madness. BGSU might truly burn down on March 17th, but it will be in the most fun and obnoxious way possible.

Us Falcons are going to need the luck of the Irish, that much is for sure.