St. Patrick's Day: a day of all things green, beer, corned beef and cabbage, shamrocks, rainbows, pot o' gold and the luck of the Irish. And this year, it's on a Saturday so you can bet people everywhere, both Irish and non-Irish will be coming out in their best green to celebrate the whole day. If you're in college, this is the next biggest holiday next to Halloween so to better prepare yourselves (and your liver) I have prepared for you your Official St. Paddy's Day Drinking Game (actually, it's more of a Scavenger Hunt-Drinking Game... it'll be interesting regardless).
The Pre-Game Rules Are:
On St. Patrick's Day, we drink green. Green drinks, ices, water, whatever, must be green.
Also, on St. Patrick's Day, we wear green. You must wear green all day (from sunrise to sunset) and if you don't people are allowed to ice you (green ices only) ON TOP OF pinching you
The only beer that is to be consumed should be Irish (Guinness, Harp and Murphy's are a few)
Now that we established that...let's get to the Actual Game Rules!
1. Find a potato, carve it, pour your drink into it and take potato shots! Whenever you see an unbaked potato, you should do this.
2. Whenever you see a ginger, you have to link drink with them!
3. Chug your drink whenever you hear any of the following phrases:
"Top o' the morning to ya"
"Kiss me, I'm Irish"
"Happy St. Patrick's Day! "
4. Blast "I'm Shipping Up to Boston" by the Dropkick Murphy's and chug
5. Challenge people to an Irish Step Dancing Contest with the loser having to shotgun
6. Take a sip whenever you see a shamrock
7. Use Lucky Charms as your chaser
8. Take a shot with every Patrick, Sean, Mollie, Quinn, Riley, Mary, Eileen, Cormac, etc., and anyone with the last name that starts with O' or Mc/Mac that you know of
9. Whenever you hear the sound of bagpipes, shotgun until it's over!
10. Take a shot if you see a leprechaun
11. Take two shots if you took a shot because you saw a leprechaun because they don't exist and you're drunk.
12. For every kiss you get, take a sip with the kisser.
13. With every kiss you give, link drink with the receiver.
14. If you see a keg, you must yell, "FOR IRELAND!" and do a keg stand.
15. Ice yourself if you're not Irish (green ices only)
16. Ice yourself twice if you are Irish (see above instructions)
17. If you're 21+ and are coherent enough, do a pub crawl and do at least 5 things off this list at each pub you go to!
18. Set out a glass of water and some Advil for you to take the next morning
And there you have it, folks! Have a happy and safe St. Patrick's Day!