Why Sorority Girls Are So Much More

Why Sorority Girls Are So Much More

16
Why Sorority Girls Are So Much More
DZOE

Being in a sorority is not what it seems from the outside. You always watch movies that portray sorority life to be nothing but a party, and you watch girls do things that no one would ever even think of. When I decided to join a sorority I didn’t know what I was getting myself into, but looking back now I would never regret my decision.

I am a member of Delta Zeta and the lifelong friendships I have made is something that every girl should experience whether you decide to join a sorority or not. As the famous quote around the sorority community says, “From the outside looking in, you can never understand it. From the inside looking out, you can never explain it.” This applies to many non-greeks because all they see is a bunch of girls going out to parties and getting drunk all the time

. A sorority is so much more than the stereotypes society puts on our community. In order to even be in a sorority, you have to have the grades. You also have to keep those grades in order to keep your membership, and you have a whole group of girls pushing and supporting you the whole way through. Your sorority sisters are some of your biggest supporters whether it be in academics, your job, and life in general. When times get tough and you feel like you want to give up on everything, you can always count on those sisters to be there cheering you on. No matter what happens they are always going to love you and be there for you ready to pick you up and put you back on your feet in the right direction. To all those people who think negative things about sorority girls, don’t. We work just as hard in life as those who decided not to go greek. We want to be just as successful as all the doctors and lawyers in the world. So the next time you think badly about someone just because they’re a sorority girl, please stop and think about all the amazing things we do such as raising money for our philanthropies and helping out our community with the countless number of service projects we do. Greek life as a whole is designed to get students involved around campus and teach them networking skills. The success rate of a greek student is much higher than those who have decided not to join a greek organization.

If people would stop judging us and actually get to know what we are involved in and what we work towards, we would be appreciated more and the stereotypes would stop. Greek life has impacted my life in such a positive way, and I want to see it do that for so many other people as well. It truly is your home aways from home!