I Spent My Spring Break Soaking Up Family Time And Much Needed Relaxation

Just the tale of my spring break at home.
250

Who doesn't look forward to Spring Break? A whole week you do not have to think of school and can just give your mind a break. Whether you are heading to the beach or back home, everyone looks forward to the week-long break. I know I was.

I was heading home for break and honestly, I was excited about it. Just a week of sleep in my own bed, cuddling with my dog and having zero responsibilities.

That excitement was matched with a touch of jealousy, only for a short while. Seeing how sunny it was and everyone enjoying the 80-degree weather while the snow falls in southern Indiana. That was the worst honestly, the snow was quite a Debbie Downer.

I wanted to keep myself busy over break so I made some goals. Number 1, clean out my closet because half those clothes I have not worn in over a year. Number 2, read at least one of the books from the stack in my room. And number 3, work out like crazy because summer is right around the corner.

Being home is somewhat boring only because my family is all at work or school and I'm just sitting at home staring at my dog.

Monday I spent the day sleeping in, running errands like going to the store and bank, going to the gym and tanning. for dinner, I was finally home to go to Bunco with my aunts. Bunco is this dinner we do once a month with all the women in my family. We go out to eat and then get coffee after. This is one of my favorite traditions in my family and I was so happy I got to attend.

Tuesday was quite a lazy day. I stayed in my pajamas all day. I finished painting our family travel map. So far we have nine more states to visit. I caught dinner with a few friends that were in town.

Wednesday I told myself I couldn't be lazy again even though I felt super sick. I slept in a little, went to the gym and bank again because my tax refund came (YAY). One perk of being home is getting to see my little sister's lacrosse games, which she had Wednesday.

Thursday was the day I was most looking forward to because my mom was taking the day off to spend the day with me! We spent the day going to our favorite coffee shop and shopping. She also took me to see a movie I have been dying to see, "The Greatest Showman." It was so good and we both loved it. I was so excited because I finally wasn't home by myself.

Friday was the day I had to run all the errands I had but off during the week. I got my nails done, went to the gym and went tanning. Later Friday night I went and hung out with some friends from high school.

Saturday I drove up to Indianapolis with my mom and some family friends to watch my sister play lacrosse. It was freezing cold, windy and even rained a little but I knew this was the last game I was going to see her play before summer league started. They won both games and are now undeafetted, 5-0! I even made it home in time to see my friends that came back from there spring break trips and got to hear all there stories before we left Sunday.

Being home for a week was honestly really nice. Of course, I do wish I would have been somewhere warmer or that it would have been warmer at home. It was relaxing to have no schedule and just doing things as I please. It was also nice to get to see a few of my sisters game while I was home because I will miss so many.

All in all, spring break 2018 maybe not as memorable as other but still relaxing and nice.