7 Ways You Can Enjoy Spring Break At Home

How to make the most out of being at home during break!

117
Buzzfeed

Not everyone is going to be able to go out and party and take a nice vacation for spring break. Most of us college students spend break at home. This may be a good thing or bad thing. Whether it is or not, here are the best ways to spend spring break at home.

1. Take a day trip

You may live near a major city, like for me Boston or New York City, so a trip to a tourist city may be just what the doctor ordered. If you go to school in one of these cities, go to the countryside and just take a relaxing ride.

2. Visit a friend at his/her college

Like me, your break may be at a different time than most of your friends, so it's pretty much time to stay at home. Instead, if they go to college nearby, try and spend a few days with one of them. This will give you a different college experience and maybe visit a new place as well.

3. Take a beach trip

It may still be a little cold, but there has to be a beach nearby to at least go and walk on, and maybe even some shops by the beach that are just opening up for the season. It will make you feel like it is closer to summer, and maybe even give you that drive to finish off the semester.

4. SHOPPING DAY

Take a day to shop and prepare for the warmer weather coming up. Buy some sundresses and shorts and tank tops. Make sure that when you go back for warmer weather, you have the clothing for it. Also, shopping is relaxing for some people. You deserve to spend some money after making it through the first half of the semester.

5. Catch up with family friends

Some college students haven't seen some family friends since the summer. Now is a good time to take a break and make the time to see family friends you have not seen in a while. They want to know how you are doing too!

6. Spend time with family

I know that this may be the last thing you want to do, but I know that it is my first. I never go home, so coming home to see my family is a blessing. Your family members really do miss you, and want to be able to spend as much time as possible with you. Make sure that you do not forget to spend time with them too.

7. Relax

This is finally your time to relax without being at school since winter break. This is the time to finally compose yourself and make sure that you are ready to go back to school when you have to. Take time for you and just relax.

Having Spring Break at home is not the end of the world. Just make the most out of it!