10 Amazing Spring Break Destinations That Are Worth Saving For Starting In September

It's never too early to start planning for the trip of your dreams!

13
Paige Ryan

I know what you're thinking, "Spring break? But the fall semester JUST started."

But trust me, spring break will be here before you know it. Once winter break is over, there are only just a couple months until the break. And not only may you find yourself broke after the holidays, but flights and hotels will also increase in price and start to fill up quickly. Now is actually a GREAT time to think about what you want to do and start making your plans.

Not only that, but you can start setting aside money so that you have enough to make your trip an absolute blast.

So here are 10 killer destinations to add to your list:

1. A music festival: like Coachella in California, or SXSW in Texas

Photo by Hanny Naibaho on Unsplash

Depending on where your spring break falls on the calendar, Coachella (April) or SXSW (March) are an amazing choice for spring break! If you and your friends love music, food, and fashion, start planning your dream festival trip now. Tickets are already on sale.

2. New Orleans, Louisiana

Photo by Court Prather on Unsplash

Spring break isn't a big deal in New Orleans, especially because it falls after Mardi Gras. But, the city has something for everyone and is full of food, fun, and culture. It's different, but still gives you that fun and exciting spring break retreat you're looking for.

So, grab a drink and a beignet and set your sights on Louisiana!

3. Grand Canyon, Arizona

Photo by Sam Loyd on Unsplash

If you want to spend your spring break being active in the great outdoors, then the Grand Canyon is an excellent adventure for you! There's hiking, rafting, and camping. For thrill seekers, they also have bungee jumping and zip lines.

By picking the right activities and planning ahead, you'll be in for the best spring break of your life at the Grand Canyon.

4. Portland, Maine

Photo by Jennifer Remus on Unsplash

Looking for a different type of beach scenery for your spring break? Here, you can enjoy various types of Northeastern seafood cuisine, like lobster, crab, shrimp, and clams. There's also whale-watching and many beautiful state parks and lighthouses to visit.

5. Denver, Colorado

Photo by Patrick Hodskins on Unsplash

If you actually like the cold, consider hitting the slopes! With some of the best mountains and snow in the country, ski resorts like Breckenridge, Whistler, Vail, and Steamboat also have lively nightlife. You'll find no shortage of bars to hop and parties to attend.

6. Honolulu, Hawai'i

Photo by Kalen Emsley on Unsplash

Where you can go parasailing, snorkeling, surfing, and bar hopping all in one day? Hawai'i literally has it all for everyone in your group. The beach bum, the surfer, the hiker, and the foodie in your group will all be absolutely blown away by this destination.

7. Outer Banks, North Carolina

If a slow beach lifestyle is more your vibe, you will love the Outer Banks. With more than 175 miles of shoreline to explore, you're sure to find lots to do. There's Jockey's Ridge, the largest sand dune in the eastern United States, where you can go hang gliding. You can kayak on the Inter-coastal Waterway. There's lots of beautiful beaches to relax at and if you're in the mood to party, you can travel more inland to the college city of Wilmington.

8. Anywhere in Florida

Photo by Roberto Nickson on Unsplash

If you want to be around the crowds and really dig deep into the spring break scene, then Florida is the destination for you. There are lots of popular beach destinations: Destin, Panama City, Miami, Daytona Beach, that are perfect if you're in the mood to party hard.

9. South Padre Island, Texas

South Padre checks off all the items on your spring break bucket list: concerts, pool parties, booze cruises, you name it. It's a great place to enjoy hot weather and beach parties.

10. Asheville, North Carolina

Photo by Evelyn Mostrom on Unsplash

Spring is the perfect time to visit Asheville. There's plenty of awesome restaurants and breweries in downtown, and great spots for hiking outside the city. Rent a cabin and go check out the waterfalls at nearby Chimney Rock State Park or go white-water rafting.