Why So Much Hatred? Let's Spread Love Instead

I've noticed so many negative opinions and actions lately so let's do our best to erase this...

6
Photo by Tyler Nix on Unsplash

It's unfortunately impossible to go anywhere lately without finding some negativity. Sure, we are all entitled to our own thoughts and freedom of expression, but why use your rights to bring someone down? I've noticed this with one specific group and anyone that goes to my school knows exactly what I'm talking about. From what I've seen, there is another option to choose that shares ideas focused on love like what the world needs more of. Why do so many people choose the opposite version of hatred rather than love?

On Monday, November 18th (when most of you may read this), a hate-filled group will be on the outskirts of my college campus. When I say hate-filled, I really do mean it. This group, in particular, has a history of speaking out against the LGBTQ+ community, school systems, and many other ideas and launches full-blown protests with signs and everything. Imagine seeing this on your way to class or wherever you have to go and feeling so upset and uncomfortable about this. Why do innocent people and organizations get this sort of unnecessary, angry treatment? What are you gaining by doing such a thing?

The only possible explanation I can think of as to why people are so cruel to others is them having a history of a rough past as well, but even still I don't believe this justifies anything. There's more gain found in being kind and uplifting to others instead of lashing out over every major or minor detail of human life. As I mentioned earlier, it's perfectly ok to have your own opinions about certain things or to not like everything that comes your way, but there's no real reason to tear someone else's life apart or ruin their opportunities because of it.

In a past article, I wrote about one particular place that really brought happiness my way. I remember stepping in and feeling like I actually belonged even though it was my first time there. Looking around, the whole room was united and shared a great sense of love with each other by not excluding or negatively singling anyone out. Being in such a beautiful and uplifting environment brought peaceful tears to my eyes and lifted a huge weight off my chest. I felt like I could truly do anything.

This is the kind of environment that the world needs more of, an environment that promotes individuality and accepts everyone with open arms. This community doesn't criticize your every thought or movement and instead encourages you to bring your skills to the front. You won't be bombarded by signs and fiery dialect attacking you and knocking you down before you get the chance to react. Instead, there's a purpose of spreading true light and love to others who may look lost or disappointed. You have the ability to raise someone up to their full potential instead of masking it.

My goal here isn't to extend the fire or start anything, but I only wish to shed more light on this thought. Our world has become divided and friends and families have been put against each other in a degrading and violent game of Tug Of War. In most cases they may be so scared of the negativity that their only solution of how to escape such threats is to join in, spreading the fire to dangerous levels. Left and right there are riots and injuries on the streets and sometimes in areas, you'd never find this in. All over the world, there's already this universal fear and unfortunate experience of war and violence to unstoppable measures. No one finds pleasure in that sort of life, so leading events in this way only brings war and chaos deeper into the home front.

With this in mind, I hope everyone can make it more of a point to spread kindness and love to all, even if you don't know someone. Any little act is enough to brighten someone's day and turn darkness into light. If you're one of the students who will have to witness the unfortunate event happening on Monday, make the effort to support your fellow classmates. If you see or know someone who is personally called out and saddened by this, take the time to reach your hand out to them, or even do the same for someone you may not know. I won't stop you from yelling right back at this hate group, but just know that feeding them the same thing won't make a difference. A real difference comes from the heart and is the goodness you feed to your peers. Let's band together and make campus and the world a safe place for everyone to land.