Dear Society, We Need To Learn How To Love More

If you needed a sign, or any kind of message to help remind you that love is still ready, even when you're not, I hope this helps.

196
Danielle Olsen

I know that in the grand scheme of things, I am merely a minuscule fraction of a beating, living, being among millions and at the end of the day, I know I am nobody, to you.

I know nothing I say will have an impact that will last but that doesn't mean I do not have the urge to try.

I have only a simple message I'd like to convey.

I wish, I hope, I am eager as fuck for all of you to love more.

Not just during the month of pride, but every single month, day, hour, minute, and second.

I want the world to stop putting a heavy layer of sensitivity overdoing the most positive thing as humans we were thankfully given the ability to feel.

I want the world to stop shaming those who express their love at any capacity.

To stop putting a pressure that there is a right or wrong way to express and feel love.

From the couple who knows they're soulmates the minute they meet,

To the couple who took 30 years to tie the knot,

To the outpour of emotions that happen in private,

Or in the most public of settings.

Whatever it is you identify as, wherever you are, take a second to feel the gratitude of love that exists in your life, and then spread that shit like wildfire.

Kiss your friends.

Strike up a conversation with any person who catches your eye.

Reach out to those who are on your mind and say how you fucking feel.

But whatever you do, just don't forget to do it.

It sounds so simple on paper, but then somehow, when you're out in the world and you smile at a stranger and they look away, all of a sudden, just like that, sometimes that urge to love will dwindle away. Or maybe it's because that person you liked just rejected you. Or maybe it's something that dives deeper that you don't tell anybody else, that hinders your ability to find it within you to have the momentum to spread love. We've all been there.

And I'm here to say whatever it is, if you needed a sign, or any kind of message to help remind you that love is still ready, even when you're not, I hope this helped.

Love is still around you

Love is still felt towards you and is absolutely boundless.

Know that no matter how many times you think you'll never have the ability to feel it again, it's actually waiting for you around the corner.

And even though I have no idea who the fuck you are, if you're reading this,

I love you, too.