9 Spotify Playlists for Every Mood

9 Spotify Playlists for Every Mood

From getting over an ex, to getting ready for a party

320
9 Spotify Playlists for Every Mood

Spotify is one of the leading platforms for music, due to its extensive ability to be personalized, its wide selection and its easy access to connect with friends. However, Spotify's main success stems from the countless studies proving the effects music has on our minds, bodies and overall well-being. It helps us gain focus, relaxes us and helps us deal with the emotions and/or situations we may be experiencing. Therefore, the studies proving music's great influence on each and every one of us also point to the idea that choosing the wrong soundtrack for your every mood, can make or break your outlook on a situation. For example, you probably wouldn't listen to depressing classical music when you're getting ready for a night out, nor would you choose to listen to hardcore EDM when you're winding down to go to sleep. Here's a list of some Spotify playlists for you to easily match the perfect song choices with your perfect mood.

For When You Miss Your Childhood:

#ThrowbackThursday by Spotify

This one can be a bit hit-or-miss, but the premise is always really good: each Thursday, some musical angel picks a theme (the last two weeks were music from the ’00s, and music from the ’90s) and releases soundtracks for that week. It's always good, whether it's jamming to the songs you once sang into a hairbrush, or laughing at how ridiculous some of the songs are - because you'd never have chosen them yourself. Either way, it's a fun time.

For When You're Ready to Pump Some Iron:

Beast Mode Workout by Mario Butler

There’s over 20 hours of really empowering music on this playlist, so whether you hit shuffle or start it at a certain power song, chances are good you won’t get bored and will pass out from working out long before the playlist ends. (And yes, before you ask, it does have ‘Eye Of The Tiger’ on it, because pretending you’re Rocky Balboa is an integral part of any workout ever.)

For Your Inner Hipster:

Top 100 Indie Tracks On Spotify by Spotify

Look, at some point, we’re all going to be That Asshole who says, “Well, I liked that band before they were popular!” as if it is a badge of honor. Maybe it is in some circles. Maybe you earnestly are a hipster, and don’t even need this playlist. For the rest of us, there’s the Spotify-curated most popular indie hits.

For the One Who Got Away:

Unrequited Love by Spotify

Because sometimes, you just need to cry it out. No judgment.

For Feeling Yourself, 'Cause It's Better Than Your Ex:

Better Off Without You by Spotify

On the flip side, however, is the playlist for when you realize that crying your eyes out over someone who isn’t worth your tears is an exhausting endeavor. This playlist is filled with all the great “I’m over you, so let me belt a few high notes about it” anthems, including, but not limited to, Justin Timberlake’s ‘Cry Me A River’ and *N Sync’s ‘Bye Bye Bye.’ Besides, some of these songs are really just infectious, so blasting them is probably scientifically proven to help you get over someone, because you’re having too much fun singing along to be broken-hearted anymore.

For Babysitting... or Pretending It's Not Your Own Disney Playlist:

Disney 90th Anniversary by Walt Disney Records

Sometimes you may need this for a nephew or niece's birthday party, or sometimes you may just want to dance around like a Disney prince or princess alone in your bedroom. Again, no judgment.

For a Great Start to Every Day:

Have A Great Day! by Spotify

If you’re someone who suffers from an awful case of the Mondays — or hell, just the Mornings — this playlist is guaranteed to at least make the commute mildly enjoyable. It’s filled with really catchy songs you forgot you loved once upon a time, and any playlist that reminds you that sometimes exactly what you need is to listen to ‘All Star’ by Smash Mouth is a playlist everyone could use in day-to-day life.

For Zen - Studying, Yoga, Work, Etc.:

Workday Zen by Spotify

If you’re the kind of person who is put on edge by white noise, you get what I mean, but if that helps you mellow out, this is a great playlist for you. Workday Zen, is able to tame even the most tightly wound of us, and you'll be thankful when this playlist saves you from snapping, each and every time.

For Getting Ready to Go Out:

The Pregame Playlist by Spotify

A good pump up song, or 15 hours worth, completely makes the entire going out experience. This playlist is a great combination of current songs, and classics like 'Ignition' by R. Kelly, and it's sure to do anything but disappoint. Listen responsibly!

Ultimately, music can completely add or subtract from any given mood or situation. But with each and every one of these carefully chosen playlists, you're sure to not kill any good vibes. Thanks, Spotify.