To The Sport That Was Always There For Me

Thanks for the best 16 years of my life

20
Getty Images

Oh softball it has been almost 4 years since we have last seen each other, but not a day goes by where I don’t miss you. You were there for me in the best times of my life and the worst. You were my outlet for anger and my outlet for joy. You taught me practice and determination can make perfect. I am so sorry that it did not work out for us. Towards the end of my softball career I began to get sick of you, I began to wish you didn’t exists and I am sorry for that. I did not realize than how much I would miss you now and all the lessons you taught me. You taught me how to be a good team player but also how to stand on my own, you taught me what it was like to really work at something, you showed me how much potential I truly have. You introduced me to some great people, that I truly am so blessed to have met, you gave me the best relationship with my dad one I could never live without. You kept me active and always busy, and at the end that was part of the reason I could no longer stick with you. It was a commitment, one I would never take back. At the time I felt there was more out their for me then softball every weekend of the summer and spring. I do not regret my decision to leave you behind and I will never regret my decision to give you 16 years of my life. This letter is more of a thank you. A thank you to the sport that always had my back:

• Thank you for introducing me to some of the greatest people
  • Thank you for allowing me to be part of a team that will always have my heart
  • Thank you for giving me some of the best coaches I could have ever asked for
  • Thank you for making me feel proud of my self
  • Thank you for teaching me that practice truly does make perfect
  • Thank you for teaching me that you don’t always win and that’s okay
  • Thank you for on the other head allowing me to feel the pleasure of winning
  • Thank you for the adventures and allowing me to travel the state, and sometimes even other states
  • Thank you for always keeping me active
  • Thank you for teaching me to be a team player
  • Thank you most importantly for always being there for me and giving me some of the best years of my life

So softball as much as I miss you, I don’t think I will be returning but I do want to leave you with this. I will never forget you and all the lessons you taught me, the people I met along the way and the experiences you allowed me to have.The 16 years of my life that I gave you were so worth it. Softball you will never be forgotten and you will always be missed.