Spooky Season: The "new guy" potion

Spooky Season: The "new guy" potion

What we all feel after a rough/tough breakup of talking to a new mans

20
Spooky Season: The "new guy" potion

Talking to a new guy post break up

A month has gone by and you're feeling somewhat better from the breakup that broke your heart into pieces. You decide it's time to try talking to a guy who has captured your interest. Yes, you might of had FWB, but this guy is someone you could actually see yourself liking again.

First off, don't run away from how you are feeling, you're still hurting, that's okay, but remember to take things slow and see if he is worth your time.

Secondly, ask yourself are you ready to let someone into your life again. This is hard, I get it, you are used to having a boyfriend and being single again makes you feel lonely. My advice is, I would rather be single and lonely then in a relationship and hurting. Love yourself enough to know you shouldn't hurt to feel "love."

Lastly, accept simularalities. He might have the same text lingo as your ex, and it's not his fault. No, I'm not talking about the ghosting, I'm talking about the "word" "lmao", you get the point. So many people text "the same" he doesn't know if those are reminders of your past.

Now that we have that covered, take a deep breath and relax. I know this is scary, you somehow feel unloyal, you feel trapped between holding on to the past and wanting a better future. You are so important and special.

Imagine talking to your ex again, one last time, to get closer, what would you say? I know what I would……

Hey, I don't hate you, I hate what you did to me and how you did it but I don't hate you. I am scared to be with someone new, to fall for him because all I think about is you, I compare everyone to you and I hate that. I want you to miss me, to want me, to love me, I know I sound dumb, but loving you was my job. I need to be happy…

Then stop. Realise something, nothing he say will be worth it, so don't reach out for closer, he doesn't care. Move on with your life, talk to the new guy, be happy for you, trust me, you deserve it. The most haunting thing there is; is the past. Create a happy future, for you.