Expensive Concert Tickets Are Worth It

Splurge When You See Your Favorite Bands

Make an exciting night even more memorable by taking that extra step

26
Isabel Hall

When I saw that my favorite band would be making a tour stop near my hometown, I knew instantly that I was going to go, no matter what. I scored an early access code, and when it came time to buy tickets, I opted for the more expensive general admission floor seats rather than the cheaper reserved balcony seats. While this left a larger dent in my wallet, it was well worth the investment.

People often talk about spending money on experiences rather than material goods. I 100% agree with this statement; I'd rather spend money doing something memorable, like going to a concert or on a vacation, than buying something like a new pair of shoes. But when buying an experience, don't just settle for the bare minimum; splurge a little. You're already doing something exciting, so you may as well make the event even more memorable by going the extra mile.

In addition to opting for best seats rather than best price, I decided spur-of-the-moment to arrive at the venue earlier than planned and wait to ensure I could get the best floor seat possible. Thankfully, it was a nice day, because I waited three hours until the doors opened. While this wasn't the most exciting thing, and it got boring after a while, it paid off because I ended up getting what I considered the best seat I could without being in the pit. Nobody likes waiting around, but sometimes, the wait can be worth it to enhance the experience in many situations.

Next time one of your favorite bands comes into town, splurge a little. Buy those floor seats. Get extra merch. Wait to get a good seat if it's general admission. You never know when you will see them in concert again, so make the most of it. This applies to any experience in life as well: spend a little extra to do that fun, touristy thing on vacation. Wait so you can be the first on the roller coaster when the amusement park opens.

Don't be afraid to splurge on experiences, because doing so may help to make them even more memorable.