How To Spend Your Last Few Weeks Before Work

After graduation comes the dreaded forever job...

7

Immediately following graduation this past weekend, I packed up my car and drove home to Michigan for a few more weeks as a child before I have to go back to Chicago to start my real, adult job. But how will I entertain myself during these three weeks at home? If you're like me and only have a short period of time before you have to be an adult, here are some things you can do to make the most of your small summer.

Read a book

If you're anything like me, you spend most of the school year wishing you had time to do things like read. Well, now's your chance! I've only been home a day and I've already read an entire book, just because I now can. Do so now before you have to go into the working world!

Pick up an old hobby

All through high school, I spent multiple hours a day playing piano. Ever since starting college, I haven't had the time to do so. That makes these few weeks home the best time ever to start playing again! If you have any hobby that you haven't had time to do in a while, this is definitely your chance.

Spend time with family

I'm lucky because my entire family is currently visiting my house, but even without visitors, you can still spend time with your immediate family! After all, when else will you be able to spend multiple weeks with them? I'm playing tennis with my brother, having sleepovers with my sister, and hanging out with my parents, aunt and grandma as much as possible, even when they talk about boring "adult" things.

Go outside

Desk jobs inevitably create a huge time period each day when you have to be inside, so spend these next few weeks doing as many outdoor activities as possible! My goal is to spend as much time as I can on my parents' boat, because I'll never again be able to do so all day, every day.

However you choose to spend your time before starting work, make sure to enjoy it! After all, it's your last chance to be a kid!