How to Speed Up your Slow Laptop

How to Speed Up your Slow Laptop

Slow Laptop ?

116
How to Speed Up your Slow Laptop

If you find your Windows Laptop getting slower and coming to a grinding halt, it could indicate certain issues with your device. Windows PCs and laptops normally do not go slow quite suddenly. If your device does it, there must be a reason.

How to speed up your Windows Laptop?

Well, the solution depends on the exact cause of your laptop slowing down. We will offer the solutions by analyzing the possible root causes. Do note that these remedies have been taken in liaison with Dell Service Center in Gurugram. I assure you of their authenticity.

#1. Reboot your System

The easiest way to sort out any issue with your laptops would be to reboot your system. Though you may feel it to be strange, it does solve most of the problems that your laptop may be suffering from.

Rebooting helps your device to purge off the issues that may be plaguing it. Do note that this can help your laptop to get back to normalcy if it facing only a few temporary issues.

#2. Check out the Heavy apps

Some resource hungry applications can make your laptop go slow. It could be possible that some applications may be using up the resources. You may not be able to blame it on the application alone. There can be temporary problems that may have caused it to have a memory leak or any other such issue.

To check it out, launch your Task Manager. You can do it with key combinations like CTRL+Shift+Esc. The exact combination will depend on your operating system version. You can sort the applications based on Memory, Disk or CPU usage. If you find an app using unusual memory, close it by using End Task option here.

#3. Manage Startup Programs

Maybe there are some start up programs that you may not need at all. Letting them run in the background can have performance effects of your laptop. Disabling the startup programs that you may not need is the best way to save memory and CPU usage and thereby address the slow performance.

#4. Get rid of Animations

Fancy animations can give you a good appearance and aesthetics. But, they tend to slow down your PC considerably. You can choose to disable animations altogether or decide to turn them off for a few specific operations or programs. You can do so through Advanced System Settings.

#5. Improvise your web browser

You may be using several plugins and extensions for your browser. Though they tend to enhance the usability and functionality of your browser, these plugins also cause your browser to slow down. Moreover, added extensions and plugins can make your browser consume more memory.Do check your browser extensions and plugins periodically. Remove the add-ons that you may not need, or have not used for a long time.

#6. Check Adware and Malware

Malicious software can cause your laptop to slow down. We are not referring to virus attack, but only to a nonintrusive malware that may be attempting to track your browsing data and serve more ads based on your usage patterns. Such tools and spyware can cause your laptop to go slow as they tend to work in the background. Always use a good quality Anti-virus and Anti-malware software. Malware bytes are a good service provider that should help you fight malware.

Concluding Thoughts

Well, those are some of the options you can use to handle the issue of a slowed down laptop. There can be a host of reasons that can slow your laptop down. As such, it may not be that easy to pin point the specific reasons and suggest ways to get it back to normal. However, we have made an attempt at covering a wider possibility and offered suggestions that should help you make your laptop work as it used to do.

You can also follow a few other steps like defragmenting the drive, freeing up the disk space using disk clean-up and removing the applications that you no longer. If you are still facing an issue, get in touch withLaptop Repair home Service to get your issues addressed.