trip down south with your girlfriends

Going Southbound With My Girls Reminded Me That My Best Friends Are My North Star

Let's go to the beach, each, let's go get away.

105
Megan Martin

I've been on a few girls' trips with some of my closest girlfriends, but I am looking forward to more.

In January 2018, I went to Colorado with three friends over New Years and went on another girls trip in September of 2018 to Texas, and I'm looking forward to going to new places with my girls. I really want a girls trip to New Orleans and to have a similar experience as the movie "Girls Trip."

The trip that I took south last fall was memorable, to say the least. The two ladies, in the cover photo above, and I spent six days catching up and catching rays on the beaches of Galveston, Texas.

The two friends that I went with were previous a co-worker and boss of mine. While attending school, I worked as a Leasing Consultant for an apartment complex in Cedar Rapids. One of my friends worked there most of the time while I was there, and the other came in halfway through, taking over as the Property Manager.

We all grew extremely close after one of them and another girl (who couldn't make the trip) transferred to our property in Iowa from theirs in Florida. Our friendship just clicked from the beginning. Going out to eat, grabbing drinks, making supper at each others' apartments to celebrating Christmas together.

After the property was sold, they moved south again. The other friend and I had visited them once in July of 2017 for a long weekend.

Exploring downtown Galveston.Megan Martin

For a 'reunion' in 2018, we decided to go south to Galveston to have a girls trip getaway. Unfortunately, one of the girls was unable to make it, but the time was still just as fun.

We caught up on each others' lives, drank some wine (maybe too much one night), went out in Galveston, soaked up some Vitamin D and had a movie day when the weather went haywire. The night with too much wine consisted of singing at the top of our lungs and dancing around our Airbnb.

Let me just say that I highly recommend staying in an Airbnb because most times you can get it for a whole lot cheaper than a hotel, and you get the luxury of staying in a house instead of a small room.

Plan as many trips as you can with your girlfriends because those will be some of the best memories you will make, and when life takes you all in separate directions, that trip will reconnect your relationship and it's a perfect time to getaway.