The Gym Should NOT Be Your Only Source Of Exercise

It's natural to think the gym is the only place you can become fit. However, there are SO many more options!

16
https://unsplash.com/photos/XiZ7pRvCzro
Unsplash

Why trap yourself in a crowded gym when you have tons of other resources? A mistake that people make when they start weight-training is they get too used to the scenery of the gym. This will burn you out before you know it.

Your motivation will actually deteriorate over time if you become routine with your exercise.

I was able to come up with 10 other activities to do outside of the gym while still working on your fitness!

1. Boxing

2. Adult sports teams

3. Bicycling

4. Swimming

5. Running/walking outside

6. At-home workouts

7. Barre

8. Dance/Zumba

9. Pilates

10. Yoga

Personally, I find it refreshing to work out without using weights. I have gotten so accustomed to weight-training that I lost myself in the process. Dancing and yoga are my go-to workouts if the gym is crowded or if my body is saying no to weights for the day.

Yoga and dance have also helped me with sore muscles. I have created a balance in my split by lifting for two days and recovering my muscles for one day but still exercising.

Walking and running are extremely boring to me in the gym, so I have begun running outside. Change your scenery and you will notice a difference in how motivated you are to begin and how much stamina you truly have.

For many people, the thought of weight-training can be intimidating, even scary, but regardless, you must find your niche. When working out, you have to enjoy what you're doing. Try new things and you'll be surprised at how motivated you become.