Sorry, But Dunkin' Donuts Will Forever Dunk On Starbucks

America really does run on Dunkin'.

142
Instagram

Dunkin' Donuts vs. Starbucks. The debate between the two famous coffee chains wages on. As a former Starbucks fanatic, now turned Dunkin' loyal, I have a few reasons why America really does run on Dunkin'.

1. The coffee is better.

There's a reason that coffee snobs refer to the mermaid chain as "charbucks." Their coffee, though they have a greater variety than Dunkin', always tastes burnt and gross. Dunkin's coffee is much better, and I will fight anyone on this.

2. Their app gives you more bang for your buck.

Starbucks gives you a free drink after you buy a certain amount of full-priced (and might I add overpriced) drinks. Dunkin's app not only gives you a free drink with enough points, but it also offers free coffee when local sports teams win and multiple coupons you can use while racking up those points.

3. Dunkin' has better food to go with your coffee.

Starbucks has some frozen sandwiches that are reheated for you to enjoy. Dunkin' has a variety of breakfast and lunch foods as well as a wide array of freshly-baked donuts that pair perfectly with coffee.

4. Dunkin' has better prices.

A 24-ounce iced latte will run you $3.63 at Dunkin' Donuts, but Starbucks will charge you charge you $4.70 for the same drink! Starbucks also charges you for every little extra you add in your drink, while Dunkin' will let you customize your drink with any of their flavors for no extra charge.

The cons of Dunkin':

Unfortunately, there are some cons to my favorite coffee chain. But nothing's perfect, right?

1. Starbucks is probably closer.

Dunkin' Donuts is more concentrated on the East Coast, so if you live past the Midwest good luck finding one close to you. If you live in Washington, Oregon, Montana, Wyoming, or Idaho, you'll have to cross state lines to get your donut fix. Starbucks also has 10,000 more locations in the United States than Dunkin', making it the winner of convenience.

2. Starbucks has better 'frozen coffees.'

If you're a fan of the frappucino, then you'll notice that Starbucks has a lot more flavor options than Dunkin. However, I would argue that frappucinos are expense nonsense (they're made with instant coffee). For people that really crave a good caffeine fix, Dunkin's coffee trumps whatever sugary ridiculousness Starbucks puts out.

3. Starbucks is a better atmosphere.

As a college student, a nice place to study is something that I appreciate. I can't deny that Starbucks stores are a lot nicer to study in. (I prefer the quiet of my local library, though.)

4. Starbucks wins on the tea front.

If you're a fan of teas, Starbucks has you covered. While Dunkin' has a good selection of teas, Starbucks has more varieties of iced teas, and their new iced tea infusions are really great.

And there you have it! Starbucks may have its perks, but Dunkin' will always be the best. (Sorry West Coast!)