Advice For A Positive Sorority Recruitment Time At Villanova

Advice For A Positive Sorority Recruitment Experience At Villanova

Be authentically you and radiate confidence!

36

Going into sorority recruitment at Villanova this past semester, I was nervous. I didn't know what to expect and the only reference points I had were the experiences of my friends who had rushed at other schools earlier in the year. I was originally not sure if sorority life was right for me, but as I went through the process I knew I had made the right decision. After the initial nerves and fear of the unknown, I realized that all the process entailed was talking to a bunch of new people. As long as you can hold a conversation and be yourself you will definitely be fine!

My advice to anyone who is rushing would be to keep an open mind and be confident and secure in yourself. Going into rush with preconceived notions of sororities can limit your experience and steer you from somewhere you might love. It is important not to compare yourself to others and understand that everyone is on their own path. It can be easy to get caught up in stereotypes or friend's opinions, but at the end of the day, there is a place for everyone.

It can be easy to get caught up in the stress of recruitment, I know I did, but try to focus on yourself. Although it sounds cliche, there really is a place for everyone. Be authentically you and radiate confidence!