sorority girl habits

10 Telltale Signs That You’re A Sorority Girl

Sisterhood is powerful, so are these signs!

233

There are a lot of things that go into being in a sorority. Sorority girls are more than their letters, and they are most certainly more than their stereotypes. I would like to preface this list by saying that I myself am in a sorority, and am in no way trying to offend sorority women. As a sorority girl, I have become abundantly aware of some of the habits I have picked up since joining a sorority. I have compiled a list of those habits that many sorority girls are guilty of. If you're a sorority girl, you are probably guilty of at least a few of these telltale signs. If you're not a sorority girl and you are guilty of at least a few of these telltale signs, recruitment season is right around the corner!

1. You own more Comfort Color t-shirts than you know what to do with

Socials, Lip Sync, Formals, oh my. For just about any occasion you have purchased yourself an oversized Comfort Color t-shirt. You have one in every color, and you are probably wearing it two sizes too big with a pair of running shorts. UniversityTees has your credit card information and shipping address on file because to be quite frank, you have a problem.

2. Every time need to clap, you have to resist the urge to snap

You have definitely experienced this one more than once. During a classroom presentation or speech by someone in your class, everyone curiously applauds and you awkwardly bring your hand up to snap your fingers together. I mean, can you get anymore sorority than that?

3. Come fall, your Instagram game is fire

If we are being honest here, your social media game is always strong, especially with all of those sorority poses and squats plastered all over your feed. Yet, in the fall you post every 20 minutes. You're probably spending too much of your time creating cute collages that say "Go Greek" and posting the cutest photos to promote you chapter.

4. You may not be a feminist, but you have some serious girl power

No matter what we you have got your girls' backs. Even if they aren't your girls, you've got their backs. Being a sorority girl makes you a strong woman and you love to spread that strength to other women. Maybe you don't identify as a feminist, but you are always standing up for your girls!

5. You probably can recite the Greek alphabet without having to think about it

Some way, somehow you have managed to learn the greek alphabet. You probably learned it in song form and it is constantly playing in the back of your mind. Whenever you get the chance to sing it loud and proud, you do. You also probably have the greek alphabet keyboard on your iPhone, even though you only used it that one time to put your chapter in your instagram bio.

6. You can't go anywhere on your university's campus without running into at least 10 people that you know

You're probably not that popular. Don't be confused. You just see your sisters everywhere. Its like you have over a hundred friends that make walking through campus a little more fun. You probably never have to sit alone or spend hours searching for a table in the library. Odds are, you have at least 20 sisters somewhere in every building on campus.

7. You feel some sort of nostalgia when you hear the song Closer by The Chainsmokers (feat. Halsey)

Maybe not every sorority girl feels this way, but every sorority girl at least has some sort of anthem that reminds them of recruitment. You probably have videos of you and your sisters dancing to this song in slow motion and jumping up and down wearing matching outfits. Closer by The Chainsmokers (feat. Halsey) is definitely one that brings me back to recruitment of 2016.

8. Even the most unpredictable people have your back

Whenever you need it, there is someone there for you. Even if they aren't one of your home girls, someone is there that can relate to what you are going through. That's the wild thing about having over 100 sisters. You have the biggest family and even the most unlikely people will come out of the woodwork and be there for you when you need it most.

9. Every time someone stereotypes a sorority you cant help but roll your eyes

Many people are pretty naive when it comes to greek life. There are many stereotypes that go into making people this way. Its so easy for people to project these stereotypes onto the greek life of your campus, but you know that those stereotypes are not true. When someone starts bad mouthing greek life, you do one of two things. You either sit there quietly and roll your eyes, or you go off on them and teach them a thing or two.

10. You are fully trained to talk to a brick wall because well… Recruitment

Not to say that you talk to brick walls during recruitment, because its is quite the opposite. Yet, but participating in the numerous recruitment workshops you are fully trained in having an average conversation with just about any type of person. Never have you ever talked so much in your life, the recruitment rounds. If you so happen to have to talk to a brick wall… you're prepared.