Sorority Formal Recruitment As Told By "Jersey Shore"

Your favorite Guidos taking you through Formal Recruitment.

116
Dearth Music Licensing

Oh, recruitment. The dragging and the tiring week where PNM's (Potential New Members) get to find their new home for the next four years. Yes, it is a stressful and an extremely long week, but in the end, you are going to find your best friends for a lifetime. You will have girls that you can call sisters for life. Here is Sorority Formal Recruitment as told by the cast of "Jersey Shore."

It comes that time of year that the semester is about to begin and recruitment is around the corner.

It is the first day of recruitment, you wake up at around 6 a.m. and your first house is in about an hour.

You are so petrified for your first house, you are standing the alphabetical line literally shaking.

The girls open the door and start chanting and bouncing at you like you have never experienced before. You are officially in absolute panic mode.

You finally get out and think to yourself, did they like me?

Was I too sweaty? Did they think I was pretty? Could they tell I had to pee the whole time? Did I smile enough? Did they see the nail polish chip on my left pinky? Did they think it was weird the way I sipped the water cup? Did the third girl I talked to hate me because I messed up on my eyeliner?

The long, tiring day is finally over. You are so exhausted, all you want to do is sleep for like the rest of the week.

You cannot wait to see which houses you got back the next day.

Your recruitment counselor shows you your card... and your top house dropped you.

You are now in such a panic that you consider dropping, but your recruitment counselor tells you to "trust the process" because you will end up where you belong in the end.

Now that it is set three and you are really starting to love a few houses.

Finally, it has reached preference, also known as "pref." You have fallen in love with both houses, but which one do you put first?

It is the moment you have been waiting for all week. You get to open your bid card...

Yes, you got your first choice!

Now you get to go enjoy bid day and meet all your new sisters. I guess your recruitment counselor was right, trust the process.

Even if you didn't get your top house, you will end up falling in love with your house and the friends/sisters you're going to make for life!