18 Songs For The Ultimate 2018 Graduation Playlist

Graduation day is bitter-sweet filled with mixed emotions, and what better way to express those than through music.

5448
Mikaela Cok

It's about that time of year again where high school and college are preparing for one of the best days of their lives, graduation! The few times that graduation comes around is more than just receiving a piece of paper because that piece of paper represents four-plus years of hard, stressful work, and the next step towards your life. It is a day we all look forward to and count the days until we get to walk across that stage.

Whether you celebrate with a party, or some ice cream and relaxing, one thing you can't forget to have is an awesome graduation playlist to commemorate the moment.

Celebrate this time, and chase your dreams! Here's a list of 17 songs that create the ultimate graduation playlist...

1. Best Day Of My Life - American Authors

Probably one of the most highly rated, uplifted songs you hear often at graduation events. This is a classic and fitting song to celebrate all cap and gown moments.

2. Don't Stop Believin' - Journey

Not only is this one of the best songs ever created, but it's also a perfect jam to get you pumped for graduation!

3. Fly - Avril Lavigne

This is your day and your time to fly graduate!Your time is now, you were meant to do amazing things! Even Avril Lavigne is rooting for you!

4. Castle On The Hill - Ed Sheeran

Graduating is such an exciting moment full of new opportunities and looking forward to the future, but we cannot forget the times and memories it took us to get to this spot. Thanks Ed!

5. I Was Here - Beyonce

Queen B says it well in this encouraging song, "I just want them to know, that I gave my all, did my best. Brought someone some happiness." Whether we like to think so or not, every single one of us makes an impact throughout the years of school, and we can continue to do that after graduation.

6. 100 Years - Five For Fighting

The message to this song is something every graduate should truly listen to and take in... Although we are so excited for the future, it's important we remember how short life is, and to never wish time away, because before we know it another 20 some years will pass by.

7. My Wish - Rascal Flatts

Honestly, if you add this song to some of your favorite pictures, within thirty seconds you'll more than likely have a lump in your throat fighting back tears, reminiscing of so many awesome memories in your head, while the song also sends you off with the best wishes.

8. Forever Young - Rod Stewart

A beautiful classic song that speaks to all graduates in this moment... The feeling of wanting to live forever and be forever young, sits heavy in a time like this.

9. Don't You (Forget About Me) - Simple Minds

You've made a lot of connections with many different people, part of graduating is heading in different paths, which means trying to stay connected with people and keep the memories alive. "Don't you (forget about me)" hits home for you and your buds on graduation.

10. For Good - Kristin Chenoweth And Idina Menzel

You may definitely want to keep this song in mind to send to you BFF on graduation day, just to put into special words how much this journey together has meant to you, with them being by your side.

11. Mountains - Lonestar

It's good to remember that even though some of your biggest life challenges are over, you will come across many more mountains that you have to climb, but to be proud of how far you've come and use that strength to continue conquering!

12. We Are The Champions - Queen

You've paid your dues, time after time, and here you are! We are the champions is more than just a fun song to belt out to and celebrate that you've officially graduated!

13. You're Going To Miss This - Trace Adkins

Another throat lumping song that will make you reminiscence the moments that brought you to wearing this cap and gown... It truly is a bitter-sweet day, and you will look back fondly on many memories that brought you to this day.

14. Rise Up - Andra Day

If you need any sort of inspiration on graduation day, this song is the ultimate go-to. Our problems and challenges are sometimes big, and sometimes small... Either way, we have the choice to rise up to the challenge in spite of any odds we face.

15. How Far I'll Go - Alessia Cara

The movie Moana truly showed it best with the song "how far I'll go," and this especially goes hand-in-hand for graduates because nobody knows how far you'll go, but you will never actually know until you take that first step, and graduation day is just square one.

16. Graduation (Friends Forever) - Vitamin C

Would this list really be complete without this song? The ultimate feels about graduation speaks the truth in this song... We are all moving on and it is strange to think that some people you will never see again, so speak up! Say what you want to say, and don't let any opportunity slide.

17. Breakaway- Kelly Clarkson

Graduating is all about breaking away from the old and starting fresh with the new. There is literally hundreds of things you could do, the world is yours, and what could be more exciting!

18. Good Riddance - Green Day

If this list was in order, this song would be first without a doubt. These kinds of moments only come around once in life, so take the photographs, laugh, cry, hug, enjoy every minute of it and take it with you for the rest of your life as it starts anew today. Have the time of YOUR life!

Congratulations, graduates!