Songs That Will Turn Ten Years Old in 2019

10 Songs That Will Turn Ten Years Old in 2019

2009 was a massive bop for music, and this list will bring back those memories.

25
Wikipedia

When most people my age think of 2009, they think of it as being just yesterday. The shock that 2009 is ten years ago is still not settling with us as well as it should be, and all the compilation lists of songs that will be turning ten years old in 2019 is not helping either. So, to add salt to that wound, here are ten songs that will be turning ten years old (or have already turned ten years old) in 2019.

1. "You Belong With Me" by Taylor Swift

While this song was part of Swift's "Fearless" album, which was released the previous year, "You Belong With Me" was not released as a single until April of 2009, making it ten years old this year. It feels like only yesterday Taylor Swift was still a teenager recording country music, and for a lot of us (13-year-old me included), it was the closest thing we would ever get to listening to country music. Classic Taylor will live in the hearts of many.

2. "I Gotta Feeling" by the Black Eyed Peas

Best known as being the summer anthem of 2009, "I Gotta Feeling" got anyone pumped when it starts playing. This Black Eyed Peas hit will make anyone feel like they can conquer the world, even if it's just for one night out. It is nearly impossible to feel down whenever this song is playing.

3. "Single Ladies (Put a Ring on It)" by Beyonce

Everyone remembers Queen Bey's classic music video to "Single Ladies" and many have tried hard to recreate the dance (some of which performed at their school's talent shows at the time). It's hard to believe that Beyonce has been in the music industry for as long as she had, and the fact that one of her most well-known hits is turning ten this year.

4. "Bad Romance" by Lady Gaga

In 2009, a legend was introduced to the music world, and "Bad Romance" was one of the hits that made her career skyrocket into what it became today. This is one of the biggest examples of how far Lady Gaga has come in her career and the fact that she's still loved and admired by millions today has proven her influence on the music world.

5. "Sexy Chick" by David Guetta (feat. Akon)

Originally called "Sexy B*tch", this single has introduced many of us to David Guetta and we could not help but get up and dance every time it played during our middle school dances. There was nothing that would get us more pumped up than "Sexy Chick" by David Guetta featuring Akon.

6. "Party in the U.S.A." by Miley Cyrus

Released during Cyrus's transitional period in the industry and one of her last singles before her music hiatus, "Party in the U.S.A." was also pretty infamous when it was released. The song was also highly associated with Cyrus's performance at the 2009 Teen Choice Awards where she simulates a pole dance on an ice cream cart. Either way, "Party in the U.S.A." got all of us turnt whenever it played and will always be special in the hearts of many.

7. "Down" by Jay Sean (feat. Lil' Wayne)

Hearing the intro to "Down" is enough for many to bring back a lot of memories for people who were in middle school or early high school when this song was released. Everyone knew what was coming and they were beyond ready for it. This is a song that will surely not be forgotten by anyone who remembers when it was released.

8. "TiK ToK" by Ke$ha

Before it was an app, "TiK ToK" was a hit song that introduced Ke$ha to the world, and we were there to see it and don't you forget. Just like Gaga, Ke$ha has changed so much since her debut to the music industry, and "TiK ToK" was proof of that change. This is one song that everyone has screamed the lyrics to at all their school dances and will still get them singing along to this day.

9. "Fireflies" by Owl City

The legendary hit that later turned into a meme, "Fireflies" has a whimsical feel to it that will take anyone back to their childhoods. Now that the song turning ten years old this year and those who were in elementary or middle school when this song was released are all grown up now, we now have a reason to cry about our childhoods leaving us so soon as we listen to the whimsical nature of Owl City's most popular song.

10. "Starstrukk" by 3OH!3 (feat. Katy Perry)

2009 was the time when 3OH!3 was at the height of their popularity and Katy Perry was starting to become more popular. The single they sang together, "Starstrukk", may be stupid by today's standards, but it was a fun type of stupid that we were all down to start dancing and singing along to. If this song (and just 3OH!3 in general) is not the epitome of 2009, I don't know what is.