We all have those days when everything seems off. We miss home, we reminisce about our exes, we think entirely too much about the universe and our existence and life. Sometimes the only remedy for these types of days is crying. Here are some of my favorite songs to help get those tears rolling.
1. "Say Something" by A Great Big World and Christina Aguilera
Say something, I'm giving up on you
And I'm sorry that I couldn't get to you.
2. "Fix You" by Coldplay.
Tears stream down your face
When you lose something you cannot replace.
3. "Landslide" by Fleetwood Mac.
But time makes you bolder
Even children get older
And I'm getting older too.
4. "Dance With My Father" by Luther Vandross.
I'd play a song that would never ever end
How I'd love love love
To dance with my father again.
5. "Village" by Cam.
I spend my days with ghosts who all love you the most
But no one quite like I do.
6. "My Heart Will Go On" by Céline. Dion
We'll stay forever this way
You are safe in my heart
And my heart will go on and on.
7. "River Flows In You" by Yiruma.
No words needed for this tearjerker.
8. "If I Die Young" by The Band Perry.
Who would have thought forever could be severed by
The sharp knife of a short life.
9. "Angel" by Sarah McLachlan.
In the arms of the angel
Fly away from here
From this dark, cold hotel room
And the endlessness that you fear.
10. "Wild Horses" by The Rolling Stones.
Faith has been broken, tears must be cried
Let's do some living, after we die.
11. "Let It Go" by James Bay.
Everything that's broke
Leave it to the breeze
Let the ashes fall
Forget about me.
12. "Breathe (2 A.M.)" by Anna Nalick.
And life's like an hourglass, glued to the table
No one can find the rewind button, girl
So cradle your head in your hands.
13. "Free Bird" by Lynyrd Skynyrd.
And if I stay here with you girl
Things just couldn't even be the same
'Cause I'm as free as a bird now.
14. "Concrete Angel" by Martina McBride.
A statue stands in a shaded place
An angel girl with an upturned face
A name is written on a polished rock
A broken heart that the world forgot.
15. "Never Grow Up" by Taylor Swift.
Take pictures in your mind of your childhood room
Memorize what it sounded like when your dad gets home
Remember the footsteps, remember the words said
And all your little brother's favorite songs
I just realized everything I have is someday gonna be gone.
16. "100 Years" by Five for Fighting.
The sun is getting high
We're moving on
I'm ninety nine for a moment
Dying for just another moment.
17. "All I Want" by Kodaline.
When you said your last goodbye
I died a little bit inside
I lay in tears in bed all night
Alone without you by my side.
18. "Yesterday" by The Beatles.
Suddenly, I'm not half the man I used to be
There's a shadow hanging over me
Oh, yesterday came suddenly.
19. "Hallelujah" by Jeff Buckley.
And it's not a cry that you hear at night
It's not somebody who's seen the light
It's a cold and it's a broken Hallelujah.
20. "Hurt" by Johnny Cash.
What have I become
My sweetest friend
Everyone I know
Goes away in the end.
21. "I Can't Make You Love Me" by Bonnie Raitt.
'Cause I can't make you love me if you don't
You can't make your heart feel something it won't.
22. "Fast Car" by Tracy Chapman.
You got a fast car
I got a job that pays all our bills
You stay out drinking late at the bar
See more of your friends than you do of your kids.
23. "Knockin' On Heaven's Door" by Bob Dylan.
Mama, put my guns in the ground
I can't shoot them anymore.