10 Songs To Listen To When You're Feeling Down, Because Sometimes We All Need An Outlet​

We all experience rough patches in life, and I believe that the music we listen to has the power to make us feel a little less alone.

71
Photo by Burst on Pexels

Sometimes life just doesn't go the way we want it to. Whether it's a bad breakup, oversleeping and missing the start of your work shift, or getting into a petty argument with your best friend because their recent text rubbed you the wrong way, we all need a way to relax and regroup.

One of my personal favorite ways of doing this is to pop in my earbuds and listen to some music I can relate to. With that being said, here are some of my favorite songs to listen to when I'm feeling down and need some cheering up.

1. "I'll Be There For You" — The Remembrandts

Need I say more? Not only is the show "Friends" a great way to laugh even when you feel like you could burst into tears any second, but the song is just so upbeat and iconic you can't help but smile and sing along.

2. "Pierre" — Ryn Weaver

I'll be honest on this one, I definitely discovered this from my TikTok addiction. Nevertheless, this song always gives me main character vibes and makes me feel like I'm living a fairytale as I listen to this carefree song about life and love.

3. "Bad Day" — Daniel Powter

There's no shame in jamming out to this classic as you drive around after a rough work day or a nasty fight. I mean we are all entitled to sulking for a little while, right?

4. "Push My Luck" — Chainsmokers

There is no rhyme or reason for it, but this song really helps me relax when my anxiety is through the rough. It is full of really soothing, calm musical patterns and beats. Even if you're not typically a fan of them, I highly recommend adding this Chainsmokers song to your playlist.

5. "Keep Your Head Up" — Andy Grammer

This song's lyrics have a great way of explaining how it's OK to have a bad day as long as you keep trucking along. I highly recommend listening to this song if you need a quick pick-me-up to motivate yourself.

6. "The Nights" — Avicii

Although this song came out forever ago, I had never heard it until about a year ago when my boyfriend played it in the car on the way home from our friend's house. This song is a great source of serotonin and if you're like me and haven't listened to much Avicii, I highly recommend checking him out.

7. "A Sky Full Of Stars" — Coldplay

Who doesn't need a little Coldplay in their life? Plus, this is a great song that reminds you of those who make life worth living.

8. "Don't Say Goodnight" — Hot Chelle Rae

I might get roasted by my friends for this one, but I'm a sucker for boy bands. This song is a great way to remind us to live in the moment and focus on the moments that make life beautiful.

9. "Rain On Me" — Lady Gaga and Ariana Grande

Not only does this song give off major summer vibes, it has its own way of saying "yeah life sucks, but I'm going to embrace it and focus on the good". Plus, who doesn't love Grande and Gaga?

10. "Best Song Ever" — One Direction

Anybody who knows me knows I couldn't possibly write an article about music I recommend without including One Direction. This song is great to scream at the top of your lungs regardless of the day you're having. Whether it's to keep the good vibes rolling, or to release some serious steam, this song is perfect to make any let loose and have fun.