10 Songs Peter Quill Would Totally Jam To

Bring this playlist on home to channel your inner Star Lord.

2162

Any Marvel fan worth their salt knows a thing or two about Peter Quill. From his devilishly good looks to his even better music taste, Star Lord is quite the catch if you can look past his daddy issues. The two movies feature a plethora of '70's smash hits that had audiences moving and grooving for weeks after the film hit the box office. Trust me, I have the complete Guardians of the Galaxy soundtrack on Apple Music. It is one of my daily playlists.

That being said, Marvel Studios has blessed up with not one, but two Guardians of the Galaxy movies, and honestly...they're the best. *Spoiler alert: Infinity War has me shook though! I definitely didn't feel so good after watching. Literally the whole squad plus Mantis...why y'all gotta do that to me?*

Anyway! In this post, we're going to ignore the emotionally traumatic event that is Infinity War and look forward to brighter days. GotG Vol. Three has been confirmed, SO! After scouring through playlists of my own, as I am a self-proclaimed music connoisseur, I bring you a specially curated playlist that Peter Quill most certainly would jam out to! (I know I do!)

1. "You Really Got a Hold on Me" - Smokey Robinson & The Miracles (1963)

This sultry, croonin' tune dances to a similar beat of tracks featured in the two existing GotG films (think Sam Cooke), and I couldn't resist adding Smokey's version in over any other cover.

2. "December, 1963 (Oh What a Night)" - Frankie Vallie and The Four Seasons (1975)

The 70's were full of iconic moments, but 1975 had a slew of hits that I know Star Lord just can't resist. This Frankie Vallie fav is sure to please any reminiscing Guardian as they cruise the galaxy in search of justice.

3. "Dreamweaver" - Gary Wright (1975)

If this isn't the song that plays every time Quill looks at Gamora, I don't know what is. This dreamy song can even make Thanos fall in love.

4. "Thunder Road" - Bruce Springsteen (1975)

The Boss is the ultimate sugar daddy material. What is more fitting than for someone as equally sugar daddy-esque as Peter to jam to some Springsteen? "Thunder Road" has just the right touch of brooding to make it exactly what Peter needs on his next playlist.

5. "Feel Like Makin' Love" - Bad Company (1975)

Baby, when I think about Chris Pratt...I think about love. Quill must also be thinkin' about how much he loves this album when he adds this track to "Awesome Mix Vol. III".

6. "Smokin'" - Boston (1976)

This album from Boston was smokin', Chris Pratt is smokin', and so are his laser pistols.

7. "Magic Man" - Heart (1975)

Everybody needs a little more Ann and Nancy Wilson in their lives. Star Lord is definitely a Magic Man in my eyes.

8. "Paradise by the Dashboard Light" - Meatloaf (1977)

Nobody can resist the urge to dance that Meatloaf puts into a person. Quill can most definitely rock out to this energized ballad any day of the week.

9. "Drift Away" - Dobie Gray (1973)

Uncle Kracker gave a mean cover for this song, but Dobie's old-school "Drift Away" is perfect for a fight scene or an emotional moment of dialogue for any Guardian.

10. "Rock and Roll Never Forgets" - Bob Seger (1981)

This Bob Seger ballad is just what the doctor ordered when it comes to a kickin' close-out song for a Marvel movie. Tony Stark might have AC/DC, but Peter Quill definitely has the coolest grooves (and moves) in the galaxy!

From Your Site Articles