10 Songs That You Haven't Heard Before

10 Songs You Probably Haven't Heard Of That You Should Add To Your Playlist Immediately

Just a little taste of the WORST taste to satisfy your music needs.

326
Source: TheWorstTaste on YouTube

There are countless amounts of fantastic songs out there, and sometimes it could be quite difficult finding the right ones to satisfy your edgy needs. I personally feel like music is very important when it comes to figuring out someone's personality. I love music and exploring new genres every single day, so I'm going to share those songs that I found, with you! So without further ado, here are my top 10 favorite songs that you probably haven't heard:

1. "Slip Away" by Perfume Genius

To start off the list, I am going to talk about one of my favorite songs at the moment. The lyrics of the song speak of forbidden love and throwing yourself into a relationship that other people are trying to stop. The two people know they have something real, and they don't have to worry about those who say no. In Mike's life, this forbidden love is referring to gay love and how the world sees it as wrong.

2. "This Charming Man" by The Smiths

Now this banger is where The Smiths first made their way into my head. Handsome and sexually confused young cyclist crashes and punctures one of the wheels, leaving him stranded, until he's picked up by a strangely obliging gent who convinces him that getting married would be a mistake and a fiasco, and presumably seduces him on the smooth leather of the passenger seat. Gotta love it.

3. "would it really kill you if we kissed" by Heather June

Now this is where it's at. You know that mood you're in when it's 2 a.m. and you're staring at the dark ceiling and you don't exactly know WHAT mood you're in, but you can tell that you're in one? This song hits that nail on the head. It has such a smooth attribute to it and it is so easy to fall in love with.

4. "Needs" by Verzache

My cousin's boyfriend showed me this next song, and it actually impressed me with how rad it sounded. The song "Needs" deals with the subject of betrayal. The vibe of the song gives off a flashback 70's type funk, with its steady drum beat, catchy bass lines, glossy-like guitar patterns, and classic Rhodes keys with lots of effects, but with a small twist of electronic enhancements.

5. "Forget It" by Getter

This song has one of the catchiest choruses you would probably ever hear. You would have to watch the video to really understand the meaning of the song. The video displays a man who is addicted to drugs and ends up crashing his car, killing his girlfriend in the process. He then clones her and brings life to all of the bodies that he has made, but they eventually die because they can only last so long.

6. "How Can I Love You" by Yellow Days

The beginning of this song starts with a very catchy piano tune that is sure to stick in your head. This song is about a relationship that is broken. Both sides still love each other and care deeply, yet they both know it would not work out even if they tried again and again. Both seem to be lost without each other and can't seem to move on, but how can they love each other if there are broken pieces that cannot be mended?

7. "Growing Pains" by Florence Rose

I listen to lots of post-punk revival, indie rock type stuff, and this band is honestly right in that alley. They aren't very well known around my area, but their songs are extremely catchy and could be listened to by literally anyone. This song specifically sparks my interest because everything about it is incredibly relatable. "I just need some time, to figure out what I wanna do with my life and who I wanna be." It speaks to me as a teenager in college, still not knowing where I wanna go in life. 10/10 strongly recommend!

8. "Ayla" by Atlas

There's not really much to say about this song. It's simply amazing. The chorus has one of the greatest build-ups I've heard to this day. I cannot really interpret a meaning behind the song, but I know that I listen to it every single time I feel like going on a walk. It's honestly just a beautiful song. It has a type of vibe that I would hear in the background of a video collage of a journey.

9. "Never" by Christian Leave

I'm pretty sure that a lot of people know the famous Christian Leave for his hilarious vines (RIP), correct? Well, he makes music too! The realness in his voice is absolutely surreal. He has so much emotion and heart in his voice, it's honestly just unbelievable. I could go on and on about how much I love this song. I would highly recommend everyone to give him a listen. You will not regret it.

10. "She Needs Him" by Her's

I found this song on the New Music Mix on Apple Music, and I do not regret it whatsoever. I listen to lots of songs on repeat of course, but this song is played by me every single day. This song details the insecurities and fears of the narrator, who is in love with a girl that is with another man. This band has actually cited The Smiths specifically as an influence upon this song, both in its composition and lyrics. The beginning is upbeat, and the end is slowed down, so it catches every mood. It is a song that is very difficult to get out of your head.