10 Songs From 1999 That Will Never Go Out Of Style

Best of the best: hit songs from the turn of the century

77
Morning Ledger

1999 was a great year. A single year before the new millennium, and boy, was it a good one.

It was the year Myspace made an appearance, Tarzan came out in theatres, and 7th Heaven was my family's favorite television show. I don't know about you, but those three reasons alone have sold me on the topic.

1999 was also a great year for music. Pop (the genre, not the hit *NSync song) was at an all time high for teenagers, and HitClips were the decade's Pandora.

Now, for the moment you've been waiting for... (drumroll, please).

Here are the 10 songs from 1999 that will never go out of style.

1. No Scrubs by TLC

...Unless he's in scrubs. Hello, McDreamy.

2. Genie in a Bottle by Christina Aguilera

I wonder if Genie said this to Aladdin.

3. All-Star by Smash Mouth

Oh, and let's not forget when "All-Star" was the leading song in Shrek. Watch the clip above, and enjoy your blast from the past.

4. Every Morning by Sugar Ray

"Shut the door baby, don't say a word."

5. Man! I Feel Like a Woman! by Shania Twain

Combining two of our favorite artists can never go wrong; This is a perfect example of that. Britney Spears singing "Man! I Feel Like a Woman!" in her first movie, Crossroads.

6. Baby, One More Time by Britney Spears

Who can honestly complain about Britney dressed as a school girl, dancing down the hallway?!

7. Summergirls by LFO

Where we learned New Kids on the Block had a bunch of hits, he liked girls who wore Abercrombie & Fitch, and Chinese food made him sick.

8. I Want It That Way by Backstreet Boys

The age old question: Did anyone tell the Backstreet Boys why?

9. She's So High by Tal Bachman

One day, we will tell our children about this song and they will really take it the wrong way.

10. God Must Have Spent a Little More Time on You by *NSync

Why yes, yes He did. Thanks so much for noticing, Justin!