15 Empowering Songs That Remind Us It's Okay To Have High Standards

Don't let singleness push you to settle for less than you deserve, instead jam out to these songs.

4771

Being single sucks. Seriously, I know. It can cause us to doubt our self-worth and analyze everything we do, but it can also be a period of empowerment. Don't let sub-par people make you re-think the standards you have, instead let it encourage you to want more for yourself. I mean isn't that what we all deserve? So here's a playlist of songs that I listen to when I'm feeling lonely or trying to figure out why a relationship didn't work out. It's a little country, a little pop, and a whole lot of empowerment.

1. "Don't Impress Me Much" - Shania Twain

I know major throwback, but Shania Twain only speaks truth, because it doesn't matter how hot he is if he doesn't treat you right.

2. "IDGAF" - Dua Lipa

She doesn't give a f*ck so why should you? Stop letting boys back in after they've continuously proved to you that that not here to stay.

3. "New Rules" - Dua Lipa

There could never be enough Dua Lipa on a playlist, so just in case you didn't get it. If he's bad for you, it's time to make some new rules for yourself.

4. "Most Girls" - Hailee Steinfeld

All girls, women, females are amazing and beautiful. This song will definitely have you feeling like a queen, holding your head up high, making sure your crown doesn't slip.

5. "Miss Moving On" - Fifth Harmony

Breakups are hard, especially when you don't see them coming, but don't let them forget your self-worth. Take some advice from this song and begin the process of moving on.

6. 'That's My Girl" - Fifth Harmony

And if you still ain't feeling yourself quite enough, then this other Fifth Harmony song will have you ready to hit the town with your favorite girls.

7. "Woman" - Kesha

Just in case you forget that you don't need a man and he'd be lucky to be with you. Also that you're a strong motherf*cking woman and are damn proud to be one.

8. "Don't Wanna Be Your Girl" - Wet

It's okay to realize you deserve so much more than what you are getting. Here's a song for when you come to that realization and are trying to deal with the pain that comes with it.

9. "Man! I Feel Like a Woman!" - Shane Twain

This is a perfect jam to hype you up, to appreciate yourself and just go out and have some fun without the stress of a man.

10. "I'm a Survivor" - Reba McEntire

You will survive the heartbreak and come to terms with the loss of someone you thought would never leave. So don't be a victim, be a survivor.

11. "Fight Song" - Rachel Platten

Sometimes we are hurt so badly that we don't ever think we will get over it, but we need to take hold and take back our lives. They are ours and only ours to live.

12. "No Excuses" - Meghan Trainor

There are no excuses for a man treating you anything other than the queen you are. Don't ever forget that.

13. "Sit Still, Look Pretty" - Daya

Don't sit around waiting for Prince Charming, take the world by storm and live for you, because are so much more than a pretty face.

14. "Part of Me" - Katy Perry

No matter how much you loved him don't ever give a boy the satisfaction of taking a piece of you. Take them back so that you can feel whole again, even after he leaves.

15. "No Scrubs" - TLC

No scrubs, period.

And if you ever forget just what a scrub is...

"A scrub is a guy that thinks he's fly
And is also known as a buster
Always talkin' about what he wants
And just sits on his broke ass
A scrub is a guy that cant get no love from me
Hanging out the passenger side
Of his best-friend's ride
Trying to holler at me"