Every day, more and more people are being diagnosed with mental illnesses and diseases and have a hard time coping with them. One of the many popular ones today include anxiety.
It is definitely not easy to live with and can be hard to control, but as someone who has anxiety issues, I can tell you that there are ways to calm down after having a panic episode. Normally during or after a panic attack, I like to take my mind off of the present and try to calm myself down.
One way I do that is by surrendering myself to music. Listening to music almost always helps me calm down and I thought I'd share a good bit of songs that I like to listen to when I am anxious.
Honestly most of the songs I listen to come from only a few bands. My favorite happening to be PVRIS (pronounced Paris). All of the songs they write hold deep meaning and help me take my mind off of the things that stress me out. So here are a few of my favorite songs I listen to by this band.
1. "Winter" by PVRIS
2. "Half" by PVRIS
3. "Walk Alone" by PVRIS
4. "What's Wrong" by PVRIS
And sometimes you don't need lyrics to help calm you down as they can be distracting sometimes. Because of this, I like to listen to many different compositions" by different composers to keep my dark thoughts at bay.
5. "Time" by Hans Simmer
6. "Take Flight" by Lindsey Sterling
7. "Fyrsta" by Olafur Arnolds
8. "Beyond This Moment" by Patrick O'Hearn
9. "Near Light" by Olafur Arnolds
10. "Only The Winds" by Olafur Arnolds
11. "This Place Is A Shelter" by Olafur Arnolds
12. "The Arena" by Lindsey Sterling
13. "TwentyTwoFourteen" by The Album Leaf
14. "Crystalline" by Lights & Motion
15. "I Could Hear Water At The Edge Of all Things" by Hammock
Those are some of my favorite compositions to listen to. The rest of the list is filled with random songs that have impacted me while dealing with my anxiety. Some songs are inspirational, some are sad and express what I'm feeling at the moment, some are more upbeat and poppy, and some are hopeful and relatable.
16. "Take On The World" by You Me At Six
17. "If I Get High" by Nothing But Thieves
18. "Graveyard Whistling" by Nothing But Thieves
19. "DNA" by Lia Marie Johnson
20. "Rise" by Katy Perry
21. "Hold my Heart" by Lindsey Sterling
22. "Millennia" by Crown The Empire
23. "Million Reasons" by Lady Gaga
24. "Without The Lights" by Elliot Moss
25. "Demons" by Imagine Dragons
26. "Safe and Sound Madilyn Bailey
27. "Slip" by Elliot Moss
28. "The Kids Aren't Alright" by Fall Out Boy
29. "This is Gospel" by Panic At The Disco
30. "The Greatest" by Sia
31. "Way Down We Go" by Kaleo
32. "Doubt" by Twenty One Pilots
33. "Mind Over Matter" by PVRIS
34. "Demon Limbs" by PVRIS
35. "Wiser" by Madilyn Bailey
36. "Save Yourself" by Kaleo
37. "Fire N Gold" by Bea Miller
38. "Lionheart" by Demi Lovato
39. "Hard Times" by Paramore
40. "Jesus Christ" by PVRIS
I hope you enjoy this list of songs I created and I hope it helps a lot of people with their anxiety issues. The most important thing to remember is to stay in a healthy state of mind and never hesitate to reach out to someone if you are drowning in your own thoughts.
As hard as that is, I at least hope that some of you can cope by listening to music. Enjoy.