40 Songs To Listen To That Help With Anxiety

Every day, more and more people are being diagnosed with mental illnesses and diseases and have a hard time coping with them. One of the many popular ones today include anxiety.

It is definitely not easy to live with and can be hard to control, but as someone who has anxiety issues, I can tell you that there are ways to calm down after having a panic episode. Normally during or after a panic attack, I like to take my mind off of the present and try to calm myself down.

One way I do that is by surrendering myself to music. Listening to music almost always helps me calm down and I thought I'd share a good bit of songs that I like to listen to when I am anxious.

Honestly most of the songs I listen to come from only a few bands. My favorite happening to be PVRIS (pronounced Paris). All of the songs they write hold deep meaning and help me take my mind off of the things that stress me out. So here are a few of my favorite songs I listen to by this band.

1. "Winter" by PVRIS

2. "Half" by PVRIS

3. "Walk Alone" by PVRIS

4. "What's Wrong" by PVRIS

And sometimes you don't need lyrics to help calm you down as they can be distracting sometimes. Because of this, I like to listen to many different compositions" by different composers to keep my dark thoughts at bay.

5. "Time" by Hans Simmer

6. "Take Flight" by Lindsey Sterling

7. "Fyrsta" by Olafur Arnolds

8. "Beyond This Moment" by Patrick O'Hearn

9. "Near Light" by Olafur Arnolds

10. "Only The Winds" by Olafur Arnolds

11. "This Place Is A Shelter" by Olafur Arnolds

12. "The Arena" by Lindsey Sterling

13. "TwentyTwoFourteen" by The Album Leaf

14. "Crystalline" by Lights & Motion

15. "I Could Hear Water At The Edge Of all Things" by Hammock

Those are some of my favorite compositions to listen to. The rest of the list is filled with random songs that have impacted me while dealing with my anxiety. Some songs are inspirational, some are sad and express what I'm feeling at the moment, some are more upbeat and poppy, and some are hopeful and relatable.

16. "Take On The World" by You Me At Six

17. "If I Get High" by Nothing But Thieves

18. "Graveyard Whistling" by Nothing But Thieves

19. "DNA" by Lia Marie Johnson

20. "Rise" by Katy Perry

21. "Hold my Heart" by Lindsey Sterling

22. "Millennia" by Crown The Empire

23. "Million Reasons" by Lady Gaga

24. "Without The Lights" by Elliot Moss

25. "Demons" by Imagine Dragons

26. "Safe and Sound Madilyn Bailey

27. "Slip" by Elliot Moss

28. "The Kids Aren't Alright" by Fall Out Boy

29. "This is Gospel" by Panic At The Disco

30. "The Greatest" by Sia

31. "Way Down We Go" by Kaleo

32. "Doubt" by Twenty One Pilots

33. "Mind Over Matter" by PVRIS

34. "Demon Limbs" by PVRIS

35. "Wiser" by Madilyn Bailey

36. "Save Yourself" by Kaleo

37. "Fire N Gold" by Bea Miller

38. "Lionheart" by Demi Lovato

39. "Hard Times" by Paramore

40. "Jesus Christ" by PVRIS

I hope you enjoy this list of songs I created and I hope it helps a lot of people with their anxiety issues. The most important thing to remember is to stay in a healthy state of mind and never hesitate to reach out to someone if you are drowning in your own thoughts.

As hard as that is, I at least hope that some of you can cope by listening to music. Enjoy.