11 Sad Songs About Saying Goodbye For College

11 Songs About Leaving For College That'll Bring You To Tears

Go ahead and get the tissues because these will pull at your heart strings.

87969

As college move in quickly approaches, saying goodbye to your family, your friends, and your hometown can be emotional. These twelve songs capture the feelings of leaving home and moving away perfectly, each tugging at a different part of your heart.

1. "I'll Always Remember You" - Miley Cyrus

"I wish you love I wish you luck, for you the world just opens up, but it's so hard to say goodbye."

To your friends, we know leaving each other will be hard, and the memories will last forever. Plus, who doesn't love a good Hannah Montana throwback.

2. Footprints- Molly Kate Kesner

"But if you're lost and feeling broken, Through and through, You can follow the footprints I left for you"

If you have a younger sibling, this song is for you! Leaving behind your siblings and hoping you've set a good example is the hope of any older sister, and this song captures just that!

3. Whenever You Remember- Carrie Underwood

"Whenever you remember, I'll be there, Remember how we reached that dream together"

With your friends, you've made plenty of memories, so Carrie definitely hits on looking back on those good times and smiling about all you've done.

4. Light On- Rebecca Ferguson

"Happiness and heartache, we share this all together. You are my forget-me-not, I hold on to you forever."

Through the good times and all of the bad, your family and your friends have stuck by your side, and always kept the "Light On" for you.

5. Because You Loved Me- Celine Dion

You're the one who held me up, never let me fall. You're the one who saw me through, through it all."

Your parents, your family. They've supported you through all of your successes and failures, and because of them, you are who you are and where you are today. Call your mom and say thanks.

6. Time of Our Lives- Tyrone Wells

"It's hard to walk away from the best of days, but if it has to end, I'm glad you have been my friend, in the time of our lives."

The memories made in high school have made them the best days of your life, but the adventure that awaits you brings new memories and new challenges to overcome.

7. See You Again- Wiz Khalifa ft Charlie Puth

"So let the light guide your way hold every memory as you go, and every road you take will always lead you home."

Even though this song is primarily about death, the lyrics of seeing someone again when you come home can be found in the feelings of leaving your family and friends, so that you can see them again and tell them all about your life, while still holding onto the memories that have led you to where you are today.

8. Love That Lets Go- Miley Cyrus

It's time to move on, and even though I'm not ready, I've got to be strong and trust where you're heading"

Miley is back making us cry again. Leaving home can be emotional, but the love from your family will follow you wherever you go in life. That time to let go can be the hardest, but will help you spread your wings and fly. Like it has been said many times before, "If you love something, let it go."

9. Don't Forget To Remember Me- Carrie Underwood

"Yeah, I still feel like I'm where I'm supposed to be, but don't forget to remember me."

Although they never will, a small part of you hopes your friends and family won't forget about you when you head off to college. Your friends will make new friends, but they'll always still be there for you in the end.

10. Class of 2017 Mashup- Anthem Lights

Even though this was released for the class of 2017, it's still one of the best mashups for graduating seniors! A mix between "I Hope You Dance," "My Wish," "The Climb," and "I Lived," exhibit every students feelings towards their friends and how they hope for nothing but the best for them in their lives, as well as how they've accomplished so much in their lives and aim to do the same in the future.

11. Unwritten- Natasha Bedingfield

"I'm just beginning, the pen's in my hand, ending unplanned."

Looking into your college years holds so much adventure and uncertainty. Your life is now again an open book and you are free to make your own story. Go out there and make your story great!

Whether it be sadness, excitement, or uncertainty, each of these songs holds a specific emotion about the transition to this new chapter of life. Leaving for college can be hard, but the experiences and memories you're about to make will impact your life forever and prepare you to make your change in the world. Now, if you're really ready, put away your tissues from these sad songs, and go out there and rock the world!