10 Predictions For The 2019 Song Of The Summer

Let the competition begins.

15
Photo by Jamakassi on Unsplash

For the music industry, one of the important times of the year is summer. Summer is one of the best times of the year to go on tours but the most important part is releasing new music for the fans.

Every artist or band has to have a good jams for the summer season. "The Song of the Summer" is a huge thing that happens in the music industry every single year.

The unofficial definition of "The Song of the Summer" is a title given to one song every year and it is determined by its popularity on the Billboard charts, listeners, and critics.

The track doesn't necessarily have to be on the top of the charts for the entire length of the summer season, which is considered to be from Memorial Day to Labor Day, but it has to have longevity thought the season which means it has to be popular with listeners and critics.

There are a lot of good songs that have been on everyone's speakers during this summer so far but I have picked the top 10 songs that I think could be contenders for the Song of the Summer for 2019.

"Old Town Road (Remix)" by Lil Nas X featuring Billy Ray Cyrus 

"Bad Guy" by Billie Eilish

"I Don't Care" by Ed Sheeran & Justin Bieber

"Hey Look Ma, I Made It" by Panic! At The Disco

"Truth Hurts" by Lizzo

"Señorita" by Shawn Mendes & Camila Cabello

"You Need To Calm Down" by Taylor Swift

"No Guidance" by Chris Brown featuring Drake

"EARFQUAKE" by Tyler, The Creator

"Sunflower" by Post Malone & Swae Lee