It Was a Beautiful November Thanks to SoMo.

It Definitely Was A Beautiful November Thanks To These 15 Songs By SoMo

With the release of his sixth album, SoMo is bringing the hits like never before.

1419

November 30th had a ton of music releases, from 1975, Alessia Cara, Aly and Aj, Tekashi 6ix9ine (which baffles me because he producing albums in prison? Strange.), Meek Mill, J.I.D, and Earl Sweatshirt. But the one I was most excited for and had been anticipating for a while was the release of SoMo's newest album, "A Beautiful November". In the music scene since 2010, Joseph Somers-Morales has been bringing album after album and hit after hit and never fails to impress.

This fifteen track album is described as "his best work" as he is very proud of this album and has shown how amazing of a songwriter and artist he is. Previously with a record label, SoMo decided to jump that ship and take things his own way and work as an independent artist and it definitely shows how much he is capable of doing when he doesn't have a record label dictating what he can't and can do.

Joseph describes this album as his most personal album, going back to his roots and write songs that mean more to him than anything ever could. Telling his story through song, he says it's the "realest shit I ever wrote!" and I can agree with that. This album has such an emotional feel to it where you can almost relate to the songs that he's taking from pen and paper and turning it into a real work of art.

1. "I'm Comin' Home"

"Gave you everything that you want then you ask,
said that you wanna come with me
Maybe you're keeping me busy."

Upbeat, a banger, this opening song is sure going to make you love the album within the first ten seconds and you haven't even heard the rest of the album.

2. "Better Me"

"Would you say yes, be my Queen?"

This song is a little more chill; When I first heard this song, I was really pleased with the lyrics and the way the song was produced. It was something that Joseph normally doesn't do. This 'love' type of song is super cute and the lyric video is so aesthetically pleasing, as well.

3. "All The Time"

"You gave me her life, gave me worlds, gave me hope.
Gave me all I wanted, gave me love, gave me more.
Love her all the time, need you both or I'm broke."

When this single was released? I knew instantly it was about Joseph's little girl named Finley. She is honestly the most adorable child you'll ever see and you can see how dedicated Joseph is to his family and how much of a family man he really is.

4.  "I Wish"

"I wish, I may. I wish, I might.
I told you things, I wish I lied.
Oh if I may, oh if I might,
I'd take back things I did that night."

The beginning of this song made me think this was going to be a slower, laid back song. But when that beat dropped? It was totally a different direction from what I initially thought this song would go. This is one of my favorite songs off the album, although it's hard to choose a definite favorite. ​

5. "Stand With Me"

"Walk through the sand with me,
Hold out your hand and stand with me."

This is a short little interlude into the next song, where we hear Joseph talk as the song opens but then we hear his amazing vocals and definitely is something that could give one chills.

6. "Roses"

"Planted eight rose bushes in the garden.
Think that I found you, think it's starting
Point, blank, boom, you're where my heart is."

This song seriously made me cry. I heard the first note and I was already a mess. This song really reminded me of the emotion that was displayed in "Heart of Gold" which was on his previous album, My Life III. I love the emotional road Joseph took for this album and how you can really hear how he feels within the different songs.

7. "Nov 6"

"Color the lines, love.
Would you just help me?
Am I just dreaming
I must've fell asleep, oh no."

I really have yet to kind of analyze this song and see the true meaning behind it. But, I feel like it's a prequel to his song Nov 12, that's also on this album, but who knows? It could be anything. This song kind of gives me some of his "SoMo" album vibes, more with his song "Crash" or "Blind".

8. "Weight"

"Moonlight, then you close your eyes
Lay here with a lonely mind."

I heard this song when he released it as single and I was really into it. This reminded me more of his "My Life 2" or even his first "My Life" album and that type of vibe that went into the music. Any time this song comes on shuffle, I'm always jamming along and singing at the top of my lungs.

9. "50 Feet"

"Reminiscing on old times with my red lighter."

This was the first song I heard from this album and I loved it. The lyrics are more of a reflection kind of mood, maybe a breakup and thinking about the old times. The quote I included really got me since he has a song titled "Red Lighter" and I love, love, LOVE that song. That one is definitely tear-jerker, but 50 feet is definitely a more upbeat song.

10. "Nov 12"

"I copped a feel and it made me deal
all the words that I wanted to say in my brain."

Now when I heard this song, I thought Joseph had something up his sleeve. You see a date and you automatically wonder what the song has in relation to the date that the song is named after. My first initial reaction was he was going to release his album on that day. But, if you were weird, crazy fans, you thought he was getting married that day or announcing another baby (which newsflash, he didn't. He announced his album). This song is 7 minutes long and you may think that's long for a song, but Joseph makes those 7 minutes worth it. (7 minutes in heaven am I right?)

11. "Salvation"

"The way you rock that body,
could really hurt somebody.
Think I left my conscious
out on the floor."

This is definitely the thirsty song album. It's not a SoMo album without a lil thirst, right? This is a ton of people's favorite song and don't get me wrong, I love it as well, but it's in the top five of favorite songs off this album. This gives more of the "Make Up Sex" or "Hide and Freak" kind of vibe off of his My Life 2 album, and I LIVE for that.

12. "I Pace Too Much"

"You told me you would call my name."

This may be a short song, but oh my god you hear those different harmonies and melodies within the song all performed by Joseph? Your back will be tingling and goosebumps will be all over your body. This song truly displays Joseph's talent with his vocals and it just gets you feeling some type of way.

13. "Phases"

"You say you got patience,
What are you waiting for?
You said I was aimless,
and that we've been here before."

I would love to hear this song performed acoustic. The beginning sets an acoustic vibe, but it goes into more of a chill, laid back vibe. This is my favorite song off the album, hands down. I love his vocals in this song and I love the music behind the vocals. I really wanna see more songs like this on future albums, because this is definitely one of Joseph's stronger songs.​

14. "Obsession"

"You know I don't smoke on Sunday's,
gotta be a day to rest."

I love Joseph's deeper tone in this song, no doubt. It is such a nice song, and I really like the use of lyrics and I just like the music in this song. I really don't have anything to say about this song, all I'm saying is listen to the song and you'll understand why I love it so much.

15. "Who Am I?"

"Pour out what you like,
Don't leave it tangled up inside.
Slow down what you're taking,
Find out what's inside."

An amazing closer to the album, Who Am I goes back to that more acoustic, laid back kind of vibe that I love. This song slaps, it's a banger, 10/10 would recommend. If you like more of Joseph's laid back music, this song is definitely needed on your list.

There's no doubt that Joseph has more music in the work and now that he's finished his A Beautiful November tour, I'm hoping for more music to come out and hopefully a tour in the spring/early summer! What do y'all think about the album? Definitely would recommend listening to SoMo, as he is an amazing artist and definitely isn't appreciated enough. You won't regret it.