You're My Person

You're My Person

Having that one person who you consider to be "my person" is something that can change your world.

15
You're My Person
google.com

“You’re my person, you will always be my person”- Christina Yang, Grey’s Anatomy

Everyone has a person; that person that you go to for anything and everything. As Christina Yang said: “ She’s my person. If I murdered someone, she’s the person I’d call to help me drag the corpse across the living room floor. She’s my person”. And having that person can make a whole world of difference.

That person can be different for everyone. It could be their mom, sister, boyfriend, girlfriend, brother, friend, the list can go on and on. But having that person is a great feeling, it makes you feel safe. I know what it is like to have someone to call “my person”, and I know how lucky I am. My person, or in some cases, people, know me better than I know myself.

I have a few people that I would consider “my person”. Having someone to talk to, someone I know who will be there for me makes a world of difference. It makes me feel like someone is there for me, no matter what time it is. My problems don’t feel so small, crazy or impossible to deal with. Having my person there makes me feel safe in this ever changing world; like maybe in thing in my life is certain.

Having someone who knows you better than you know yourself can be a great thing, especially when you are like me and let your emotions get the best of you. Having someone who can help you think straight and knock some sense into you when you need it the most. They aren’t afraid to be honest with you, even if it might hurt you at first. They know it’s what you really need to hear, and in the end it is what will do you the most good. I never thought I could handle having a friend like that, but it has done me more good than I could ever imagine. Having that person to lean on or support you when you can’t do it alone, that is what having “your person” is all about.

When I hear the phrase “my person” there are a few people that instantly pop into my mind. While it wasn’t always like this, and it has taken me awhile to trust someone enough to call them “my person”, I couldn’t image my life without them. They make me a better person, they make me see myself different, really they just make me feel safe and whole. And at the end of the day, that is what matters, having those people who help make you and your life complete.

“You find your people,

And you find your person

And you lean on them”