Police Shootings Broken Down

Police Shootings Broken Down

How long before we recognize the "justifiable homicides" as murder?

17
Police Shootings Broken Down
fivespicealley.com

When the statistics are put together, black in general are more through more “justifiable homicide” situations versus any other race. The very definition of what the cops are doing is being surpassed by this term.

A good first perspective to recognize such statistics by is seeing the discrimination against black as a public health issue, rather than a social organization issue. The lower life expectancy statistics of blacks do not help the trends that this term reinforces. ”Justifiable homicides” contribute to how cops get away with their wrongful killings against blacks. The fact that there are health consequences in statistics makes it clear that people are aware but not fully considerate of the possible well-being of blacks that they are sacrificing, which comes from living in high policed areas. “The stress and psychological costs of trying to escape social discrimination,” ('Why Police Kill Black Males with Impunity") which could very likely be the cause of increased/early death in blacks for the pressure they are constantly under, “may increase the likelihood of CVD and other deleterious health outcomes”. It seems as if once again we are taking a step back into the generations where we still think that discrimination is a thing. I do not know if that is me being blind to it or it is a person’s lack of capability to realize that it is time to grow above those ways and realize we can be something better.

The term invisible means they are not present in their families, communities, etc., because they are so used to a criminalized status that they do not wish to participate in social life, to the extent of being part of voting or proper employment. These people go into hiding because they know they are subjected to the corrupt criminal justice system.

The PHCRP helps regulate patterns, knowledge, measurements, and action throughout the discrimination of blacks, and through out every basic right that is held physically and morally right to a human bring. The problem is that we see blacks as the threat because we are not used to them in our cultural community. They enlighten on the points that primacy of racialization equals unequal life chances, how race and gender equal social construct, and the combination of race consciousness and interdisciplinary self-critiquing. Racial biases create this wall that makes whites think that we can connect with blacks on the moral level necessary to be seen as equals.

Experiences that are racialized/gendered through health diminishment of groups and benefits for others, create gaps in life expectancy for black males over other groups. Social psychology tells us to stereotype blacks as dangerous which leads to the presence of black males in the already dominated white spaces. This leads to higher risk of being discriminated on a racial and gender level.

There is improper punishment and that is sanctioned into a social problem, which the intimidation to control, therefore leading to this justifiable means of black homicide. It makes the innocent look guilty simply based on the fact that their skin is a different color. Their rights are being violated by their skin color, in questioning the civil rights violations and direct racial biases that backlash their communities.

There comes into question how we believe that their indifference is rooted in their culture, yet how are we not understand that it is our indifference that this rooted in ours? How are we supposed to be comfortable with such an environment with them when we were never subjected to one in the first place because those social interactions were limited? If we do not have experience with another race in close quarters, it makes us on edge due to the unknown socially unanswered questions. That makes us put on this lens that sees the stereotype of blacks that we hold onto due to the only things we know about them. The social bias equals an institution, and this institution is created by poverty, reduction of educational attainment, limitation of employment, payment, and opportunities. In the end, people will identify what they are culturally familiar with and if that is not blacks then how would these people know any better? WE need to evolve as a culture and learn from our mistakes instead of simply acknowledging that they were there in the first place.

The solution to the problem of excessive policing causing health related issues is to consistently collect data to keep black lives in the light. The opportunity presented with body cameras relates to the article “Patterns of Police Shootings”. Not only does it touch on the fact that police are primed to believe that blacks are dangerous because of their unconscious bias, but the cameras allow for the bias to step out of the way and the white police not get away with their crimes. They make it possible for themselves to not get away with the cover-ups that they try to make in their reports once their crimes are visually witnessed.

These facts make me make connections between past and present for the fact that the problem seems to be culturally interpreted through hat we think we know and what we perceive to be true about blacks as a community. I see the problem and the stereotype for what it is, and I understand it, but I am not really quite sure as to how someone would go about changing something like that. I think it is a matter of time and how we as a future generation or the possibility needed to make the proper change. It might not be as easy to do for other people, but this generation has the power, and the perspective already. Basically in time, this generation will be the only ones to lead the future to what we already know, and I hope at that time we do it right.