Sorry Kids, Socialism is Idealistic, Not Realistic

Sorry Kids, Socialism Is Idealistic, Not Realistic

If you don't trust your government now, why the hell would you want to give it more power?

388

Socialism is defined by Marrium Webster as "any of various economic and political theories advocating collective or governmental ownership and administration of the means of production and distribution of goods". Karl Marx described it as a transitional period between the fall of capitalism and the realization of communism in his infamous 'Communist Manifesto'. And I'm not going to lie, the idea of socialism sounds great, the people owning the means of production, and everything is shared equally to everyone, it sounds great right? While this sounds like a perfect world, you have to remember, we don't live in a perfect world.

What socialism does not account for is the flaw of humanity. Look at literally every country that has implemented socialism, it has NEVER worked. And if you need an example of what I'm talking about, look at Venezuela, Russia, Greece, and of course, Nazi Germany (yes, the Nazi Party is a socialist movement). Do you remember how all those turned out? The government taking full control and the people end up starved or worse. The same people who advocate for this turn from capitalism to socialism are the same ones who are being extorted and murdered by corrupt governments. If you don't trust your government now, why the hell would you want to give it more power?

And before you go off on me saying that I'm just verbal vomiting a Charlie Kirk or Ben Shapiro lecture, I agree that there are flaws in the capitalist system. There have been historical problems with corrupt corporations who have exploited their workers, but for the most part, those things have changed. We have workers unions, pensions, retirement plan, employer-provided insurance, the workplace is not the same as it was in the 20's and 30's.

Let's talk about what socialism really is. Socialism is the idea that everyone gets an equal portion, regardless of how much they contribute to it. Socialism takes away private property rights and gives an insane amount of power to government as the transition to communism begins. Now I know what some people may be saying "Well socialism works in the Nordic countries". Sorry Bernie, but they're not socialist. The government has no interference in business and there is a free market in the choice of schools. They are able to fund their universal healthcare and affordable schooling because they had a booming economy before they made this "transition" and of course because their taxes are very high.

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result. Pol Pot rose to power in Cambodia to establish an "agrarian socialist utopia". Apparently, this meant committing mass genocide and murdering a quarter of his population? But Cuba worked out right? Oh, wait... nevermind. At least Venezuela's going strong right? Wait, you mean that people are starving and rioting?

You know what you do when a car isn't selling? You stop manufacturing it. Socialism was an idea that has failed over and over again, and it will only continue to do so.