8 Times 'Lilo And Stich' Explained Social Work

Social workers are the real heroes.

516
123HDWallpapers

Social work is a misunderstood profession. Before I took "Intro to Social Work" at school, I thought of it the same as anyone else -- social workers are the people who deal with foster homes and are CPS workers who rip families apart. I was very wrong. Social workers are the ones who run the battered women's shelter on the corner. The man who talked to you about why you need physical therapy and how you can obtain the best equipment on your budget is a medical social worker. The private practice that opened up downtown is not a psychologist office, it is a licensed clinical social worker who is counseling.

Who better to explain the role of these behind the scenes superheroes than Lilo and Stitch?

1. Social workers try to give hope to people who feel helpless.

2. They try to keep families together rather than tear them apart.

3. Social workers work with many types of people.

4. And do many types of jobs.

5. Including interviews for the police.

6. Policy making.

7. And helping clients recognize that things will get better.

8. They are basically modern heroes -- Agent Cobra Bubbles knows.

Social work is an emotionally draining job, but one that is very worth it. Statistics show that there are currently more social work jobs available than there are social workers.

For many, the best part of the job is getting to help people and see the smiles on their faces after living in the dark for so long.