Social Media Is Taking Over Our Lives!

Social Media Is Taking Over Our Lives!

Have you realized how much you are into social media?

22501
Social Media Is Taking Over Our Lives!
Simplyzesty

It might sound emotional, but social media is actually taking control over our lives. There is this diligent inclination to Instagram, Facebook, Snapchat and tweet our day by day moves trying to express our personality to the world and make ourselves feel esteemed. Tragically demonstrating that in today's society and era, we have gotten to be fixated on virtual reality.

All Facebook users have been there... the unavoidable minute when we check our notifications and sigh in dissatisfaction that we have not gotten enough likes on our profile picture. Or, when we quickly check our Instagram notices at regular intervals. We live in a world where technology is advancing at an alarming rate. Everything that relies on technology keeps on improving on daily basis as well. In relationships, social media has become one of the important factors. It drives our daily lives. We're always interacting with new friends in different platforms of social media. In one way or the other, our lives are affected by use of social media.

One of the most concerning issues is that online networking has turned out to be so successfully open that we are encompassed by innovation. Daily, we are permitted to advise everyone of our present exercises through the touch of a catch. We are stuck to our screens every minute of every day and can't stand to tear ourselves from our valuable phones.

Life would be without the everyday influence of the social media. Not only does social media have a great impact on the life of individuals, but it also changes the way we interact with each other from different parts of the globe. I believe that each media form I use in my daily life is beneficial and efficient. I do think social media can become addictive, changes the way people perceive themselves, and other disadvantages. Social media has influenced a lot of individual lives throughout the world. From cultures to politics and other issues all over the world.

Media is any form of electronic communication platform ranging from televisions, radios, internet usage and mobile phone usage. From my experience, I must admit the influence of social media taking over our lives. A decade ago, my interaction with people around me and the whole world was only possible through physical interaction, televisions, writing letters and telephones. When I say telephone, I mean a telephone booth where people were queuing as it was a relief food distribution to people inhibiting dry land. Those days, I was in control of my life in that I could perform my daily activities normally, spend time with the loved ones and even join my neighbors to play evening games after a hard day.

Nowadays, this experience is of the past with the introduction of mobile communication gadgets commonly known as smartphones; life has changed. I wake up late and go to sleep late. This is simply because my hands can’t resist reaching my pockets to have a touch of this device. Every time I have it in my hand, all of my concentration is diverted to the device. I will instantly swipe my screen for the apps. My first app to activate is always Facebook, where I could even spend more than two hours reading posts and chatting. I even forget to take breaks for meals on time because of this device. Sometimes, I would spend time with my friends for a catch up and for the latest gossip in the neighborhood, but only to find that my friend losing interest. As a result of my lack of attention into the conversation, social media has taken over our lives. Instead I am glued to the device.

I have realized that social media influences the way we behave and interact with people in the society. It may sound dramatic, but the truth is that we always have a persistent urge to Facebook, twitter, snap chat and other social media platform.

Personally, I use social media on a daily basis, spending, about a third of my day on the media platform. I have become addicted to it that I find it hard to stay away from my phone and other gadgets. I can use to access either Facebook or twitter. Through the social media, I am able to be updated on the happenings around the world and other relevant information presented on the media platforms.