The Social Media Epidemic

The Social Media Epidemic

When did this become all that matters?

146
The Social Media Epidemic
makeawebsitehub.com

Social media can be a wonderful, useful tool. For example, you can keep in touch with friends and family across the state, country, or even world. In addition to the obvious, you can also produce exceptional networking skills which can land you your dream job, create and/or expand important causes that will help hundreds of people, and strengthen your overall community. There is, however, always a negative side to even the most innovative creation. As social media is becoming more and more common, so is the disease following it.

Increasingly, it seems that what matters on social media is the number of likes and followers you get, and the number of likes and followers you obtain all depends on what you post, what you look like, or even how successful you are. It all becomes a game – one which can seriously mess with your mind and self-confidence. Often, you can become obsessed with thinking, “what would get the most likes?” or, “I really like this picture, but I don’t think my followers would.” You should be able to have the freedom to post what you like without worrying about how many likes you get and how many followers you gain/lose from it. Social media should not take away from the concept of being yourself.