I have never watched the Kardashians. Never in my wildest dreams would I have ever thought that the birth of a child I did not know would be even remotely important to me. However, as I watched the birth of the child of Kylie Kristen Jenner through the video released on her Instagram, I felt something I don’t think I’ve ever felt before: baby fever.

There were many things not featured in the video such as the morning sickness, pain, and even the pain of the birth itself as the screen went black during the screen of her bearing the child. It showed all the beautiful things, all the happy things, and every joyous moment of her pregnancy. As I watched I felt the one thing I’ve never felt before in all my life: baby fever.

She cradled her enlarged baby that held a child and I put my hand on my own. I did not know exactly what I was feeling during the entirety of the video whether it was happiness, sadness, or joy, but in reality, I feel like it was a sense of jealousy. The moment of her listening to the small heartbeat and watching the sonogram as while basking in the glow of its light, sitting in darkness.

I never bought into the pregnancy. I thought it was the internet doing what the internet does, which is hype up something out of absolutely nothing. When the family portrait of Kylie covering her stomach came out and began trending on Twitter, I still felt as though the entire thing was nothing more than an elaborate hoax. Perhaps it was even Kylie messing with all of us, playing into our assumptions and humoring us. The inner detective in me even thought that maybe she would now have to get pregnant to live up to all this hype.

Nevertheless, I waited and watched quietly, only to be shocked on the fourth of February when a video was released on Instagram entitled “To Our Daughter.” Again, I opened this thinking it was nothing more than a hoax, something made out of completely nothing.

I continued to watch, shocked at my own jealousy and never thinking that 2018 would be the year of the Jenner baby or the year that I desired my own. I finally began to recognize the feeling I was experiencing throughout the entirety of the 12-minute video to be a mixture of both of jealousy and the warm, squishy adoration of feeling.

In conclusion, Kylie’s bun in the oven at 20-years-old made me long for my empty oven to be occupied as well. The photos, the ultrasounds, and the tiny shoes were all things I wanted in my own life. In conclusion, congratulations, Kylie Jenner...and season 14 of "Keeping Up With The Kardashians" will be on my DVR every single week for the rest of the year.