Snowstorms Are A Double-edged Sword

Snowstorms Are A Double-edged Sword

Blizzards can be beautiful and they can be horrible.

11
Snowstorms Are A Double-edged Sword
Flickr

Snow storms can be cool and annoying. A very dry and muted-colored world suddenly becomes pure white. Snowflakes fall gently to the ground, and besides the wind howling sometimes the outside world is quiet and still. A snow storm is a beautiful sight to see from your window, wrapped in a fluffy blanket and with a warm drink in hand.

At the same time, though, a snow storm ruins any plans you had that day. Flights are delayed, roads are a slushy mess, people are stuck at home with nothing to do other than watch the news and eat whatever you bought at the crowded grocery store before the storm hit. A snow storm can be a terrible thing too, especially when it causes things like trees falling and power outages.

But snow storms usually happen during wintertime — between December and February. Once March hits, the world starts to come out of the cold and transition into springtime. The air is less frigid. The grass becomes greener. Hibernating animals crawl out of their hiding spots. People start to wear lighter clothing, shedding off the bulky jackets and gloves. After months of bitter cold snaps and blizzards, the earth is ready to jump ahead to springtime.

At least, that's what supposed to happen.

There is an order to the universe that must be followed, no matter what. The sun rises, the sun sets. The day starts, the day ends. You are born, then you die. And, of course, the seasons pass, one right after the other, without any complications. This is the way things should be. This is how the world must be.

So why the heck was there a BLIZZARD IN MARCH?!

There are 12-24 inches of snow where I live — and it's still on the ground! The roads are icy at night. There was nothing on TV other than news reports about the freaking blizzard. Everything just stopped and I ended up spending the day watching as my entire backyard turned into a Russian winter landscape photo.

But the worst thing, the worst part about all of this, is that it happened while I was on Spring Break. My school closed the campus for two days! And this is the school that never closes. A good amount of snow fell on the ground and the roads are icy as heck? No worries, just carry on like it's nothing! The one time my school actually shuts down due to a blizzard, and I'm not there to enjoy it? Why couldn't this have happened last week, when I was at school?

Mother Nature, why must you be this way?