The Hidden Messages Behind The 10 Snapchat Filters You Send Your Bae
Dating

The *I am drunk and I need you to know just how drunk I am* "LOOK THERE ARE FOUR OF ME!" filter.

926
Original Photo Courtesy of Karlee Onstad

Snapchat filters are one of the most entertaining and educational pastimes which subsequently grace your significant other with countless incoming Snapchat notifications. But each filter has its own unique style that are better than others at getting your point cross. So, here are what the 10 Snapchat filters you're using and sending to bae are really conveying.

1. The Flower Child

The filter that can make you look good literally at any point of the day, so this is the go-to snap when you are still in the honeymoon stage and need to send a "Good morning" snap.

2. The Derp

When your boy/girl is being sincere and says you are beautiful, but you still don't know how to take a compliment so, instead, you respond with this and a simple, "I know."

3. The Butterfly Halo

When the sass is at its all-time high and you must remind your bae that you are, indeed, a queen with a, "I am a goddess who is also (butter)fly as hell."

4. The Random Animal

The type of animal always changes, but, nevertheless, it always has little fuzzy ears, a button nose and long af eyelashes. But really this filter is used just to boost your confidence and send to bae for affirmation.

5. The Trippy One

6. The Dog Face

The all-time classic, so really this is just one of those bored snaps you send bae in the middle of your lecture.

7. The Dancing Object

The snap used to send when you are impatiently waiting for them to pick you up. (Even though they are literally only 3 seconds late and you were 33 minutes late yesterday…) But instead of being an adult and waiting, you send him/her 10 consecutive snap videos of your face with a hotdog body dancing.

8. The Nerdy Bear

The filter to remind them just how lucky they are that you are both smart and beautiful. You're welcome.

9. The Distorted One

The filter you send when you both know that you're being unreasonable but are not about to change, so instead you send this snap with the message, "But you're stuck with me so HA."

10. The Bug

Aka the filter used to send your significant other when the 'puppy eyes' are just not big enough and you just really want them to bring you food. BUG eyes are a must when it comes to getting your Chipotle.