Stop And Smell The Roses

Stop And Smell The Roses

Let them know you love them before it's too late.

19
Stop And Smell The Roses
Bianoti

Death is Inevitable. It is like an unwanted guest. It shows up when people least expect it and before you know it, it claims another victim.

Death comes in many disguises. It may come in the form of sickness. It may come in the form of old age. It may come in the form of unexpected tragedy. In our lives, we all will experience death, whether we hear about it on the news, hear about it from a friend/family member or have it knocking on our door. It comes like a thief in the night and before you know it, sometimes its too late to say goodbye.

Most of the time death comes so unexpectedly that we never have enough time to cherish someone before they are gone. I have heard many of cases where their last encounter with someone ended on a bad note and that they regret not being able to say goodbye. For others, its as if they said their goodbyes. However, they wished they had more time to tell them how much they meant to them while they were still living.

I heard a woman say that her mother used to tell her that she'd like to have and smell her roses while she is still living because she cannot smell them or hear compliments when she is six feet under. I think this saying is absolutely true. I believe that we as friends and as family should appreciate the people we come in contact with while they are still alive. Make them feel special because, who knows, it could be the last gesture of appreciation they ever get. At almost every funeral I have been to, the theme of the service is to celebrate the life of the departed and to never mourn. However, I believe that we should let people smell their roses now and take the time to truly tell them how much they are loved.

"If you enter this world knowing you are loved and you leave this world knowing the same, then everything that happens in between can be dealt with" - Michael Jackson

My challenge to you is this: tell someone, even if its just one person who you normally do not talk to, that you truly love and appreciate them. Give them their roses while they are still living instead of leaving them where someone can throw them away.