Small University Living

Small University Living

Life is good around here

24
Small University Living
www.bestvalueschools.com

Everyone wants to know why I attend such a small university instead of say Carolina. I've always thought that smaller universities were just better due to the sheer homey-ness of them. I didn't know for a long time of anything other than UNC, Duke, and State due to the sheer size of them, both on a and off campus. When I found smaller universities and actually toured some of them in my later years of high school I knew that this was the type of campus environment I wanted. Check out below a couple of perks of attending a smaller university.

1. You always see someone you know

Whether your headed to class or need a study buddy before a big test, you'll always know someone around you. Having a familiar face around makes the transition to college so much easier and for those returning students its always great to see that long lost friend.

2. The professors actually know you

I never wanted to be in a class and be referred to as "girl in red sweater." All my professors know my name and if you aren't in class they actually notice and will email you asking if your okay. I'm more than a number in the class, I'm a student, a person.

3. Sporting events

At bigger universities you have to pay up to $30 dollars for a ticket and I don't know about you guys but I don't have that kind of money. At smaller schools you go for free at the game, just flash that student id and your in like a VIP.

4. Sleep in a little

Chances are that you don't have a huge campus which means it takes less time to get to class. It personally takes me 6 minutes to get to my classes from my dorm. That alarm on your phone, set it to 15 till and your good to go.

5. Brag Brag Brag

So someone ask,"where do you go?" and you tell them and they look at you all confused because they've never heard of it. This is your chance to brag about your cute little school and have the attention all on you for once.

6. Were all in this together

Maybe you din't have a lot of opportunities to be involved in a lot of things in high school, college has so many things. Say you wanna play a sport but not for the school, don't worry you can do intermeral sportsand be apart of Student Goverment while in school.