Small Beginnings, Big Futures

Small Beginnings, Big Futures

How ordinary people become viral, famous stars.

9
Small Beginnings, Big Futures

Today, I had the opportunity to work at Vidcon in the Anaheim Convention Center in Anaheim, California. Vidcon is a social gathering convention where famous Youtube stars gather to interact with the communities that follow their videos that bring them entertainment and inspiration. I had the chance to work close with the Youtube stars presented at the convention, as I worked as a supervisor for one of the panel booths. While I was there, I gained a lot of insight into the featured stars, and I observed the interaction between them and the public.

Some of the featured YouTubers I met included Markiplier, Smosh, Stephanie Michelle, Alisha Marie and Bart Baker to name a few. They are all widely known, highly talented people, and here they were united to interact with their many fans, answer any and all burning questions they have, and take pictures with them. What really surprised me the most, when I was about one foot away from these famous celebrities, is how they interacted and responded with the crowd.

They went on stage to do their panels, but they all seemed like ordinary people and talked with their audience as if they were just in a big group of people having a normal discussion. If these stars were never recognized, any person on the street would just walk by them and pay no attention to them. So how did these seemingly ordinary people get to become such huge stars that are now adored by fans all over the globe?

As I watched the panels, I paid attention to everything the YouTubers were telling their audience. The audience would ask them the same question during every panel: "Why did you choose to become a YouTuber and how did you get to where you are now?"

Every YouTuber answered with a similar answer every time. They said that they chose to do it because they wanted to spread and share their passions and interests with the rest of the world to make a difference, and inspire others to pursue their passions, dreams, and goals in life.

By posting the stuff they love, many other viewers with the same thoughts and passions supported these YouTubers, which rose them to where they are today. Additionally, more and more viewers dared to follow their dreams because they saw that if one person out there was not afraid to do so, then they can do it too.

We live our lives like any other person. We all have dreams, aspirations, and feelings that we often hide for fear of judgment from others. However, as YouTuber Kelly Eden said, "People's opinions aren't based on facts which makes them not true."

As long as you're happy doing what you do, then there is nothing and no one that can stop you from doing it and sharing it with the rest of the world. Take a look to your left and your right, because chances are, one of those people could be the next viral and famous star. Or better yet, look in the mirror.