A Sleigh Bed Frame Brings Comfort And Elegance To The Bedroom

Bedroom furniture that makes a bedroom suite livable is made from wood and different types of metal like steel, wrought or cast iron.

1377
Jeng Kok

Bedroom furniture that makes a bedroom suite livable is made from wood and different types of metal like steel, wrought or cast iron. Bed frames are used to support the mattress, a headboard, footboard and canopy depending on the type of frame. Hence, they must be strong so that the mattress does not sag or move out of position. The bed is the central part of any bedroom furniture and there are many types available like:

• Canopy
  • Divan
  • Platform
  • Sleigh
  • Trundle
  • Space saving
  • Loft
  • Feather
  • Bunk
  • Water
  • Wall or Murphy
  • Cabin
  • Each type of bedding comes in different sizes and thickness and customers must make their choice of bedding based on the frame of bed they have, the cost and available space.

A sleigh bed frame is characterized by a headboard and footboard that curl at the top of each corner. This shape is reminiscent of a sleigh and hence the name sleigh bed. Typically, sleigh bed frames are made from carved wood with expensive models having hand-carved curls. The sleigh bed frame originated in France and is available as single or double beds. Americans fell in love with this unique design and started manufacturing sleigh beds. The sleigh bed frame usually curls outwards, so make sure your bedroom space takes into account this extra projection.

Modern versions of the sleigh frame of beds come with just a curled footboard and flat headboard, which allows users to place the bed, flush against the wall. Also, a bed with good reviews is probably pretty great so the reviews really matter as well. Some are even made from leather, which gives a very grand appearance to the bedroom. If you search online for sleigh bed-models, you will come across the 'Tuscany Sleigh Bed' that is made from luxurious faux leather with a high headboard and curved footboard. With a rich Espresso brown finish, this sleigh bed is truly a visual treat.

The modern frame of beds has a classical design that is comfortable to sleep in also. Modern platform frame of beds is designed such that they offer ample space under the bed for storage space. Now, this extra space can be utilized to store unused luggage or have small drawers with wheels that can be dragged from under the bed when needed. These little drawers can be used to store extra stuff that is not required every day.

Sometimes modern platform frame of beds can even have permanently fixed drawers that come with the bed. Some people prefer the kind with wheels for this means that the drawers can be pulled out and the space under the bed cleaned periodically. Most people, especially those who keep moving often will go in for modern platform bed frames to keep their space saving options open. Any kind of mattress will suit this frame of the bed and your choice will depend on the frame of bed-size.

A solid wood bed frame is considered by many to be stronger than a metal frame, which is prone to rusting and warping. If maintained properly, solid wood bed frames can last for many years. Dust periodically and wipe down with soapy water once a year. If your solid wood bed frame is painted or varnished, then repaint or re-varnish when it wears out and your solid wood bed frame will even be able to last for more than a generation.

Just make sure about the type of wood that is used to manufacture the solid wood frame of bed you purchase. Oak and pine are considered the best for bedroom furniture. Plywood looks good but is not sturdy enough. Particleboard again is cheaper than oak or pine but can bend over time with the weight of the mattress. The only drawback is the heavy weight of wood. But its durability, beauty, and elegance far outweigh this minor drawback.

Another great space saving bedroom furniture is the bunk bed for kid's rooms. Kids bunk beds are a great way to decorate your children's bedroom and make it look attractive as well as have extra space for them to play and study. With the right type of material and tools, innovative people can find instructions online to make their own bunk beds. When you order kids bunk beds at online stores, you will get the set with easy to assemble instructions. So, whichever way you go, buy space saving beds like the bunk bed or platform bed that look striking too.