5 Reasons Sleep Paralysis Is So Annoying

Imagine being able to walk and talk on a daily basis, then suddenly, without warning, you can't!

195

Sleep paralysis is a very common sleeping condition among people. To those who have never experienced it, the word may sound a bit complex, but it is actually very simple. Basically, when you fall asleep, your muscles go into a state of paralysis (not being able to move).

Upon waking up, normally your muscles "wake up" with you. However, during sleep paralysis, your muscles are not aware that you have woken up and therefore remain paralyzed until they decide to. For the person, this can be a very nerve-racking experience. Below is a list of reasons why.

1. It happens suddenly.

There is no warning for sleep paralysis; your body doesn't send you a text telling you to prepare yourself for it the following morning or whenever you wake up again. So, you are basically slapped in the face with it.

2. Sometimes people see scary things.

I personally have NEVER seen a ghost, demon, or any type of entity while in sleep paralysis. However, I have heard countless stories from people who have. Unfortunately, there is nothing they can do about this. I hope to NEVER be in this situation.

3. Sometimes I'm in an uncomfortable position. 

Several times when I have experienced sleep paralysis, I was positioned uncomfortably. This is when being in a paralyzed state for only a few seconds can feel like an ETERNITY! You could be laying on your arm, your neck is turned a certain way, your leg is folded and is aching... it is a complete mess!

4. Sometimes you need to use the toilet. 

Usually, when I wake up in the morning, I have to urinate. During sleep paralysis, I STILL have to urinate. So, that means that I have to hold it in until the phase has passed. Talk about irritating.

5. You can't talk.

I am not sure if this is the case for everyone who experiences sleep paralysis, but it surely is for me! If not being able to move one limb isn't bad enough, imagine not being able to speak also. I hope no one breaks into my home or is coming after me while going through this, I would be in deep trouble!