When I was in high school five minutes felt like nothing and now that I'm in college five minutes is everything. Sleeping for five more minutes is totally worth it for when I wake up in the morning. this is only because I am very sleep deprived. I am a Biology Pre-Med Major and I occasionally have time to sleep.
Sleep deprivation is on a rise, most specifically in college students. As a college student, I have school, work, and assignments and studying for my classes to complete through the day. It might not seem like a lot but it takes up the whole day and I know most of my friends go to the gym as well. We all have time but we occasionally use that time to catch up on assignments or even sleep. I have a friend who literally sleeps three hours and during the day sleeps an hour between classes. My friend has three classes per day meaning she gets a total of six hours of sleep every day. I sleep an average of four hours at night and one hour when I get home from work. I know many students do the same. Sometimes they even get less sleep. This has turned into a norm.
Water is Necessary media2.giphy.com
People who sleep less than eight hours will also dream less and if they do, they're dreams will be harder to grasp or become nightmares. Less energy processing is given to the body and this makes it harder for people to even get up in the morning and lazier throughout the day. People that get less than eight hours of sleep get dehydrated easily and our brain functions slower because of this. Our hormones also work more than usual causing more mood swings throughout the day. Most of us already knew this but the fact that sleep deprivation is rising more people will have a harder time to sleep. Obviously, this will cause more people to struggle throughout the day mostly when dehydrated. The struggle is real and sleep deprivation is making it even harder for us. So next time you feel like your brain is not working, drink water because sleep deprivation causes dehydration which means water is needed to help you to function throughout the day.
- College Students Are Not Getting Enough Sleep ›
- 13 Thoughts Grumpy College Students Have When Their Alarm ... ›
- 7 Reasons Why Are College Students Are Always Sick ›
- Why All College Students Should Nap ›
- Importance Of Sleep For College Students ›
- 9 Times The Office Described The Sleep Deprived College Student ›
- An Underappreciated Key to College Success: Sleep - The New ... ›
- Study links college students' grades to sleep schedules - CNN ›
- Sleep and Memory | Need Sleep ›
- Sleep Deprivation in College Students - YouTube ›
- Effects of sleep deprivation on college students - Wikipedia ›
- College students: getting enough sleep is vital to academic success ... ›
- Is sleep a luxury that college students cannot afford? ›
- Is Sleep Deprivation The New College Norm? | HuffPost ›
- Sleep ›
- Causes and consequences of sleepiness among college students ›